Community Forum

Disappearing recordings

New Poster

Disappearing recordings

I just realized today that a number of DVR recordings are gone - this seems to be a problem others are having.  What's the cause?  What's the solution?  I have not come close to matching the limit on our DVR. 

Official Employee

Re: Disappearing recordings

Hello @marymikes, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear that your recordings have disappeared and I would be more than happy to assist you. To confirm, did you happen to replace your cable box recently? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I noticed the same thing this morning. We have not upgraded any boxes or our DVR. My husband had to do a system refresh yesterday morning. I noticed that quite a bit of recordings were missing this morning. Some of them are now things that you have to pay for, so I am really not happy. Hopefully, someone will answer why this has happened suddenly.

New Poster

Our cable box was replaced last winter but the recordings have only recently disappeared. As noted in my earlier message, I know it's not a storage issue because I don't save that many recordings and I always save them indefinitely (vs the option of keeping them for a year). I tried both a Restart and a Refresh but that did not remedy the problem so I'm looking for help in trying to figure out 1) what happened to them and 2) if/how they can be recovered.

Official Employee

Hello @jill8771, and @marymikes

Thank you for confirming. We'd be happy to investigate further. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I had 85% on my DVR before the weekend when I went on vacation and came home to it being 10%!!! I see this is an issue with others as well, but can I get help please to recover my recordings? HELP!!!

Official Employee

Hi @Heskanos

Thanks for posting to the Forums to let us know of the experience you're having. I'd like to investigate your disappearing recording issues as well. I have your private message and will be replying shortly. We appreciate your patience while we work to get this resolved.