Community Forum

Disappearing Recordings on DVR

Contributor

Disappearing Recordings on DVR

This has happened twice in last month-most recently yesterday.  THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH space on DVR but have lost entire seasons of recordings.  WHAT IS HAPPENING? PLease tell me there is a way to recover recordings.

We have not changed nor swapped the DVR.

Official Employee

Re: Disappearing Recordings on DVR

Hi @michelese

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. Sorry for the experience you're having with your recordings. This has happened to me as well, a lot of the shows are no longer being aired so I was pretty bummed as well. I'd be happy to help investigate to see if we are able to recover any of your shows. In order to do so, can you please send me a private message with your first and last name? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

My previous post in forums was the 2nd time in about a month Comcast wiped out some recordings on my DVR.  Since then THEY DID IT FOR A THIRD TIME!!!  Yes I am yelling...it is MORE than infuriating.  DVR never more than 20% full...after 2nd time I changed all existing recordings from "Delete when space is needed" to "keep for 1 Year".  I also cleaned up the recording priority list from all shows no longer on air.

AND STILL RECORDINGS WERE DELETED.   Recd a Direct Message request from Comcast Rep...sent this exact post.  But hey...for the ridiculous $$ paid for "services"..I am at least earning multiple badges for my posts to forums!!!! UNREAL..do me a favor keep the buttons in exchange for the services we pay for-Deal?

Silver Problem Solver

First, I assume you are NOT using X1, which has had a known issue with DVR recordings disappearing. I have never had that issue with the legacy iGuide. I have had the reverse, where I cannot delete a recording, or showing 2-3% used even with only one tiny recording. Both are usually fixed after a reboot.

If you are still using iGuide, it is possible your drive is going bad.  Have you tried a reboot?

Contributor

Did sync dvr but did not reboot-will try it thanks 4 ur suggestion

Contributor

Just notied a bunch of my older movies/shows have disappeared as well (at least 10 recordings).  

sigh

Contributor

thanks again for the suggestion....didn't work though..

Silver Problem Solver

It sounds like you have X1, not the legacy iGuide/non-X1. There is an X1 forum this should be asked in. The notes about Sync and "Save for one year" are not in iGuide. iGuide only offers "Until I delete" or "when space is needed" (or something like that.)

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/bd-p/X1

Contributor

Does anyone know how to see or get access to saved shows on the Cloud?  My DVR is only 19% full with 40 recordings but the "cloud" storage is at over 70% and over 60 recordings.  The info drop visible states that if cloud storage too high will begin deleting shows.  However the saved recording list is the same as my DVR menu.

So I found what may b cause of issue but can't find anything that addresses or provides access to cloud info.  I have rebooted system, refreshed the system, and sync..no change at all.

Any ideas?

Regular Visitor

@michelese wrote:

This has happened twice in last month-most recently yesterday.  THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH space on DVR but have lost entire seasons of recordings.  WHAT IS HAPPENING? PLease tell me there is a way to recover recordings.

We have not changed nor swapped the DVR.

Official Employee

I am now closing this post due to inactivity. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out! 

Thank you for being a valued Comcast customer! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!