Community Forum

Digital Transport Adapter Status Code 340

New Poster

Digital Transport Adapter Status Code 340

I recently upgraded to the X1 system and I have 1 HD DVR Box and 1 HD Set-top box, both of which work. I also have two of the HD DTAs, but having issues with them not activating no matter what I do. They have been plugged in for over 48 hours, I talked with a representative and they have sent the activation signal and I also have sent multiple activation signals using the online and telephone methods. When I go into the info for the DTA it says everything is Good other than the Last Activation signal/update which is just showing 00:00:00 along with it saying it hasn't been activated. Is there anything I can also attempt to do before having a technician being sent to the house?

Thank you in advance!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Digital Transport Adapter Status Code 340

Same thing happened to me when helping a relative recently. Got an HDDTA from the office, wouldn't activate, swapped it for another (well worn) didn't activate. Got a tech, he said the signals were good, so he swapped the box again, at first it didn't activate, then he did something on his phone and it finally activated.

All you can do is make sure your connections are tight. Call a tech out, there should be no charge if it's faulty boxes, but there may be if it's a signal problem, with the inside wiring.

New Poster

Re: Digital Transport Adapter Status Code 340

Double checked all the connections and they are finger tight. The tech who came out had an issue with the HD DVR set top box at first but then it started to work after an hour or two. Guess I'll give them a call and have a tech come out. Thanks!