Community Forum

DVR fast forward

Regular Visitor

DVR fast forward

Why are you stopping the fast forward on my DVR. Why pay for DVR if you stop fast forward. I still mute sound because I don't want to watch commercials and that is why I use your DVR.  If this is going to be the new way you are going to make me watch my DVR I will have to charge some things 

Expert

Re: DVR fast forward

@marianjunta wrote:

Why are you stopping the fast forward on my DVR. Why pay for DVR if you stop fast forward. I still mute sound because I don't want to watch commercials and that is why I use your DVR.  If this is going to be the new way you are going to make me watch my DVR I will have to charge some things 

The companies paying for commercials are paying most of the costs for televising shows. They are not happy with people skipping commercials. The days of having a DVR being able to do this over. Period.

The idea of having a DVR is for people to save programs they want to watch but may not have the chance when shown live. I don't bother to use one since just using On Demand (linear cable) works for me.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote: ... skipping commercials ... The days of having a DVR being able to do this over. Period. ...

Cite?

... just using On Demand (linear cable) works for me.

Please won't write "On Demand (linear cable)". "Linear cable" refers to the numbered channels with scheduled content. On Demand is . . . On Demand, where the content is not scheduled. They are NOT the same thing.

Expert

BruceW:

In case you have forgotten; there are two different interfaces for using On Demand. The one I am referring to is the found when using a HD (or SD) cable-box for linear cable.

The other is the one found when using X1 series cable-boxes. I have no need for using a X1 cable-box or 4K DVR. They both require using Comcast Internet. I have DSL high-speed Internet for watching Ultra High definition television (2160p, 1440, 1080p) on apps found on my tv.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote: ... there are two different interfaces for using On Demand. The one I am referring to is the found when using a HD (or SD) cable-box for linear cable. ...

I am aware. But that doesn't make it correct to say that "On Demand" = "linear cable".

If you are using "On Demand (linear cable)" to mean "On Demand on a legacy cable box", why not just say it that way? "On Demand (linear cable)" sounds like you are saying "On Demand" is the same as "linear cable", which it isn't.

New Poster

Then why subscribe to xfinity? In the 2 minutes of commercials i watched, I decided i would avoid johnson&johnson products and never switch to  Verizon for their insensitive and farfetched first survior commercial - worst marketing EVER. When Xfinity takes away a service and doesn't tell you they are taking it away, it breaks trust. I am paying for the same thing I paid for previously, yet I'm not getting it. Gone are the days of being forced to watch long ads. We are in a generation of instant gratification (like it or not). It doesn't seem like xfinity is thinking about the end game - or maybe they aren't in tune with this generation.