Community Forum

DVR deleting shows even when not full

New Poster

DVR deleting shows even when not full

Twice now my DVR has deleted shows I had recorded even though the DVR is not full. Last night I realized it did it again going from 17% to 1%. Why does this happen? Is it an issue with the box? The wires from the street to the house were recently replaced so they’re new. 

Regular Visitor

Re: DVR deleting shows even when not full

Mine did it this past weekend. I've been tryng to chat with Xfinity on the chat line but no one is responding to chat. Did you figure out why they were deleted?

Official Employee

Hello, all! Thank you for reaching out here on the forums. I understand how concerning it is to have recordings get deleted out of nowhere! This is a known issue and our advanced teams are working hard to get this resolved. Thank you for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, all! 

This issue has now been resolved. If you do continue to experience issues, the recordings may be available online (Stream app/website). Let me know if the recordings are available there! I'm here to help if you still don't have these available. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Please walk me through how to try to find deleted programs somewhere other than the dvr and any methods for restoring my programs.  The movies that were deleted are only available to rent or buy.  Restarting the box didn't work.

Official Employee

kmcollins, I understand how alarming it must be to lose your recordings! I can definitely help out. Let's take a look at the account together to troubleshoot further. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”