Community Forum

DVR - Deleted shows keep coming back

Frequent Visitor

DVR - Deleted shows keep coming back

Once or twice per day, a bunch of shows that I've deleted from my DVR - some before they actually recorded - show up in my recorded list. It's impossible to delete them. I can get rid of them by going into settings and doing a Sync DVR. But sooner or later they come back. I've tried rebooting and refreshing. It will help for a while, and then the problem starts again.

Is there any way to make this stop? I'd really like the things I delete to stay that way.

Official Employee

Re: DVR - Deleted shows keep coming back

Hi there, mombecker. Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out. I had a similar issue with an app on my phone that would delete, but it would come right back. It was very frustrating. You have reached the right place for help.

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Sent my name as you requested. 

Official Employee

Thanks for sending us a PM, mombecker. I did respond to your private message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Just in case someone else runs across this and wants to know what the outcome was...

I was eventually passed to second level support who informed me that my box is fine, but there is a known issue (it was called a "national outage"), and "the engineers are working on it." My ticket was hooked to the outage so that I'll receive notification when it's fixed.

So no resolution. I'll just keep refreshing and syncing, and hopefully one day the deleted will stay that way.

Official Employee

mombecker, thanks for reporting back the findings of our Advanced Repair team. We apologize the issue is ongoing. We do have our repair teams engaged and working toward for a fix for this issue. As soon as we reach resolution, we will announce that to you, since your account ticket is linked to our greater service incident ticket. 

Thanks for hanging in there with us!