Community Forum

DTA adapter does not go off when TV is shut off

Regular Contributor

DTA adapter does not go off when TV is shut off

I remember when I would turn off my TV the DTA would turn off as well. Now It does not do that  . If I turn off the TV I have to turn off the adapter as well separately or else its on all night. I remember when TV was shut off years back the adapter would go off too. Why is that not happening. Seems a waste of electricity or perhaps there are newer DTAS out there??? that do turn off? Any ideas.

Expert

Re: DTA adapter does not go off when TV is shut off

@bluebird51 wrote:

I remember when I would turn off my TV the DTA would turn off as well. Now It does not do that  . If I turn off the TV I have to turn off the adapter as well separately or else its on all night. I remember when TV was shut off years back the adapter would go off too. Why is that not happening. Seems a waste of electricity or perhaps there are newer DTAS out there??? that do turn off? Any ideas.

Either call 1-800-COMCAST, or go to your local Comcast service center and exchange your current one for a new  DTA or cable-box "no charge".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: DTA adapter does not go off when TV is shut off

Well I read that they dont. I need someone on this board who knows if they are supposed to go off when TV goes off or do they remain on. Its the little small DTAS...Does anyone know? Its the the small DTA with button on top of it... Are there newer ones out there?