Community Forum

DTA Remote Not Turning TV On/Off

New Poster

DTA Remote Not Turning TV On/Off

The DTA remote (XR2) started working without going through the inital setup.  I can use the remote to everything but it will not turn my LG TV off or on.  I'd appreciate suggestions on how to fix the problem.

Official Employee

Re: DTA Remote Not Turning TV On/Off

Hello JKay2. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. 

Please attempt the following steps:

Programming Your Remote

1. Turn on the TV you are programming.
  2. Press and hold the "SET" button on your remote until the red light flashes twice.
  3. Type in the 4-digit or 5-digit code listed below using the number buttons. Additional codes may be found in the remote manual.

Most likely code: 10178

Others to try: 11178, 11265, 11934, 11637, 11530, 10856, 10442, 10017, 10016, 10032, 10003

4. If the code is entered correctly, the red light will flash twice.
  5. Use the remote to operate your TV (use Power, VOL, etc.)
  6. If these steps don't work, try another 4-digit or 5-digit code and repeat the above.

Learn more here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

Please let me know if you need any other assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: DTA Remote Not Turning TV On/Off

Hi JKay2. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!