Community Forum

DCX3400 Loud Fan Noise

Frequent Visitor

DCX3400 Loud Fan Noise

Hello,

I have a DCX3400 and, what I think could be a faulty fan, is extremely noisy when in use.

I am not talking regular fan noise but so loud it overpowers the TV. When the DCX3400 is not in use there is no noise. When in use, the fan kicks on and at first is intermittent then after a while the unit is so noisy that the volume of the TV needs to be increased. So much so that it is too loud. I am afraid that the fan will damage the unit if allowed to continue.

Should I just unplug the DCX3400 and return it to a store, call for service or can you send a new unit be sent for me to exchange it?

Thanks for your help.

Expert

Re: DCX3400 Loud Fan Noise

I would return it to the Comcast service center. They will replace it "no charge" and you will have a receipt showing return and replacement.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, xf1! Thank you for posting your question in the Xfinity Forum! The DCX3400 is our old Legacy DVR. You can definitely swap at the Xfinity Store or I can ship you a new DVR. Have you heard about our X1 platform? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

OK, I can go to the store. Should I call and make sure a box is available?

Would I just plug the new unit in?

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Silver Problem Solver

As long as the employees tie the new unit's address to your account, it is plug and play. Be aware that non-X1 keeps all Favorites and DVR info on the unit itself. When you replace it, you will lose all recordings, scheduled recordings, series recordings, and favorites.

Official Employee

@xf1 - Andyross is absolutely correct. I provided the address of the closest Xfinity Store. Could you please let me know if you get any issues with the new box? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.