Community Forum

DCX3400 DVR's scheduled recording won't record if already tuned to the channel

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

DCX3400 DVR's scheduled recording won't record if already tuned to the channel

I've been noticing this issue for a while now, but just saw in happen here at 9pm Eastern.

I have my DCX3400M set to record a scheduled program every Saturday at 9pm.

If the box's turner is on another channel, then at 9pm it will start the recording on the other channel with the 2nd tuner as planed.

But if the box's turner is on the channel that will be recorded, then at 9pm it asks like that scheduled recording doesn't exist and won't record. Since I just saw this happen, I had to then do a manual record of the 9pm program. But if I wasn't at home (which sometimes Sat night I'm out) then come back home, the program would not have been recorded - which as happened a few times.

Has anyone else experienced this issue of set DVR scheduled recordings that are NOT recorded for whatever reason?

Regular Contributor

Re: DCX3400 DVR's scheduled recording won't record if already tuned to the channel

@FAUguy wrote:

I've been noticing this issue for a while now, but just saw in happen here at 9pm Eastern.

I have my DCX3400M set to record a scheduled program every Saturday at 9pm.

If the box's turner is on another channel, then at 9pm it will start the recording on the other channel with the 2nd tuner as planed.

But if the box's turner is on the channel that will be recorded, then at 9pm it asks like that scheduled recording doesn't exist and won't record. Since I just saw this happen, I had to then do a manual record of the 9pm program. But if I wasn't at home (which sometimes Sat night I'm out) then come back home, the program would not have been recorded - which as happened a few times.

Has anyone else experienced this issue of set DVR scheduled recordings that are NOT recorded for whatever reason?

This ocassionaly happens since the Mpeg4 migration so I typicaly keep the fir first scheduled recording of the day on the other tuner and often set it to come on 1 min earlier, especial if 2 programes are scheduled to start at the same time if possible.   There are several threads at the Forums that state others are have lot of problems with time indexing and scheduled recordings using legacy equipment and Comcast replies "that is to be expected" and further stated they as of "recently no longer support legacy equipment so everyone should update to X1 ."

Figures ... )):