Community Forum

Connecting ARRIS RNG-150N Cable box to a TV

Frequent Visitor

Connecting ARRIS RNG-150N Cable box to a TV

I have a newly installed ARRIS RNG-150N cable box connected to my TV via a coaxial cable. Everything works. However, I would like to conncet it to my TV using an HDMI cable. I did the connction (ARRIS HDMI port to TV HDMI port), changed the TV input to this HDMI port, and the screen shows "No Signal". 

Question: how do I change the ARRIS cable box settings to its output is going to the HDMI port? Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Connecting ARRIS RNG-150N Cable box to a TV

I believe with those boxes the HDMI is only enabled if you’re paying for HD service.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

As Comcast Andrew mentioned, you would need to now be paying for HD service to have the HDMI port open to pass HD signal to your television.

If you are now paying to get HD service, did you remember to unplug the new cable-box.? Wait about 2 minutes, then plug it back in and wait about 5 minutes for the cable-box to re-set and down-load information from Comcast system. If you have HDMI cable set up and connected to the television's HDMI port you have the source set for, turning on the cable-box now should work.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

ComcastAndrew and MNtundraRET - thank you very much for the promt response!