Community Forum

Comcast offering Xfinity Stream on Roku as alternative to TiVo On Demand App

Contributor

Comcast offering Xfinity Stream on Roku as alternative to TiVo On Demand App

I'm a TiVo/Xfinity Cable Card customer and finally ordered a Roku to play Xfinity On Demand content since the Tivo Xfinity On Demand App that was removed 6/25/19. However, there are acouple of issues with this solution - as offered my Comcast.

1.  Where as the TiVo Xfinity On Demand App provided full 5.1 dolby audio, I discovered the Xifinity Stream App only provides stereo! I found some old posts that indicate 5.1 WAS initially provided by the Xfinity Stream Apap but that it was removed at some point for performance. This is most cetainly REDUCTION in service - Comcast should not be suggesting this as a solution to replace the TiVO Cfinity On Demand App - IT IS NOT! 

2. Xfinity Stream on the Roku - or any device - will not stream to your TV if out of your home network. This really frosts me as I travel a lot and rely on being able to stream MY PAID FOR CONTENT TO A LOCAL TV. At this point, the only solution I have to streama programs to a TV while way is use the TiVO APP, not ideal, and there are some premium channels that can't be streamed from the TiVO App,  but it's better than nothing.      

lI hope Comcast is working on a true replacement for the Tivo Xfinity On Demand App or I'll be back to DirecTV when my agreement is up. 

Pathetic strategic planning by Xfinity...