Community Forum

Comcast Remote Not Working With Cable Box (Remote URC1167, silver with red button; Pace RNG110 box)

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast Remote Not Working With Cable Box (Remote URC1167, silver with red button; Pace RNG110 box)

Xfinity support helped with my new TV code; however, they were unfamiliar with my remote and inadvertently unpaired my remote from the cable box.  (They did not mention to push the "TV" button before the setup button, which meant the "cable" button was on by default.)  Their next instruction set it back to factory settings.  It still did not work.  I found a code on the internet that brought most of the functions back.  I am missing the OnDemand button, "A" button, and the TV screen resize button.  It is the old Comcast silver with red select OK button, URC1167.  The set top box is Comcast Pace RNG110.   They had me put in codes 981 and 982.  Nothing worked.  Xfinity person gave up.  I found code 00476 on the internet which brought most functions back.  I also found a list of EFC (effective function controls) to use with code 994 which may bring back individual buttons.  I have not tried these yet.  (http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-custom/thread.cgi?34243)  Does anyone know the correct code other than the 00476 I tried?  Or is this the way to go with additionally trying the 994 command with the EFC codes I found?  Thank you.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Comcast Remote Not Working With Cable Box (Remote URC1167, silver with red button; Pace RNG110 b

To program a CABLE device with the silver-with-red-OK-select-button:

1. Press and release Cable.
2. Press and hold Setup until Cable flashes twice, then release Setup.
3. Enter one of the 5 digit device codes listed below. The Cable button

will flash briefly twice if the code is accepted, one long flash if not.

Cable device codes include:

Comcast: 01982
    Motorola: 01376, 00476, 00810, 00276, 01187, 01254
    Pace: 01877, 00237, 00008
    Scientific Atlanta: 01877, 00877, 00477, 00008

Official Employee

Re: Comcast Remote Not Working With Cable Box (Remote URC1167, silver with red button; Pace RNG11...

Thanks for providing those instructions 'BruceW'. 

Hello CB13TV. Thank you for creating a post on our Forum. Were you able to try the steps provided by BruceW with the codes listed? Please let us know if you need further support. We are happy to help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Comcast Remote Not Working With Cable Box (Remote URC1167, silver with red button; Pace RNG11...

Hi CB13TV. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!