Community Forum

Comcast Box Issue... AGAIN

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Comcast Box Issue... AGAIN

I have had non-stop issues with Comcast for the last 2 years.  It is quite frustrating to pay a large amount of money for cable and internet (more or less $2,000 a year) and have the service malfunction so frequently.  We have had boxes replaced, modems replaced (comcast insisted we use their rental modem for $10/month), etc.

I am not sure when our box was last replaced (but it was certainly within the last year).  They tried to make us upgrade to Xfinity 1 (of course for more money) and we said no.  About 1 month ago we started getting the s0a00 code again on many of our channels.  After spending countless hours with numerous different representatives, it finally began to work again.

3 weeks later it is not working AGAIN.  We are scheduled to have a bowl party today (college football championship  games), and none of our HD channels are working.  I have again spent hours over the last 2 days trying to fix the issue.  Signal refreshes, hard resets, switching cables, switching HDMI settings, etc.  Nothing has worked.

I am just curious if others have issues this frequently?  Yes Comcast offers me a couple of dollars for the inconvenience, but it doesn't close to make up for the time/effort/frustration spent.  It doesn't make up for the fact we have to watch the football games in standard definition or cancel our party.  

Does Comcast have any boxes that don't cost extra money that work for more than several months?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast Box Issue... AGAIN

I am told I have "a legacy box" which is unable to support HDMI channels anymore.  Therefore I am being mailed a new box (X1) free of charge.  However I have to return the old box within 1 week or I will be charged for it.  

Why wouldn't Comcast notify me of this, as I am PAYING for HD television.....

New Poster

You are not alone.  I had a week of nightly outages at 1:30-2:30 AM, with service restoration only sporadically -- usually after 2-3 resets of my entire system (including internet)!  Then, a tech came out, supposedly "fixed" the system -- he never could find the actual cause -- and spent 3 hours going over the entire home.  That night:  same thing, only this time a reset worked.

Obviously, this was a central office problem, NOT a homeowner problem.  The cause was probably due to a technician setting a wrench on two wires, then taking a coffee break at the same time each night.  The tech they sent out could find NO problem with the installation in our home.

The final insult:  my next bill has a $40 service charge attached! Needless to say, I am protesting this.

Frequent Visitor

That is really unreal.  Stories like that make me want to quit Comcast.  $40 charge to fix their crappy, broken, "legacy" equipment?  How is it the consumers fault if they are providing us with faulty boxes etc.  

They initially were going to charge me the $15 to ship a new box, and when I questioned why should I pay if their product doesn't work, they waived the fee.

Good Luck

Official Employee

Hi @Doublek1229 and @RDP2,

I'd like to apologize and review your accounts to see how I can make this right. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.