Community Forum

Cisco cable box not working.?

Frequent Visitor

Cisco cable box not working.?

Time to vent on the forums.......

ALL day i sent on the phone with Comcast long story short cable tv no worky...

Never had cable tv, had internet for a while

Direct connect to cable box, no traps, third Cisco cable box, nothing...

intialtly i'll plug the power cable to the box to wait 30 mins for some update the lights blink for a fraction of a second i get a color stripe display on the tv then the lights all go out and never come back. pushing the power button or holding for some time does nothing, on the remote if i push power the LED on the box for remote lights but nothing...

anyone know whats going on? 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Cisco cable box not working.?

Have you had a tech out to see why your cable tv has never worked?

Frequent Visitor

on the 15th they will ne hereMan Frustrated

Frequent Visitor

When they came out to remove the traps they left a trap in the box in my neighbor's back yard. the guy came out and said the signal is weak and traced it to the box. ....

what a waste of time..

New Poster

Yes that is what happened to me and my neighbor this week.  We did not know it but on Tuesday night Comcast did the actual switch over from 'analog' to a digital network.  They announced that they would do this back in March and we all had the DAT adapter box working fine.  But on Wednesday most of the local over the air QAM channels said 'one momemt please' and CNN, CSPAN, and the shopping network were fine.  I spent many frustrating hours with clueless support folks replacing the adaper boxes and re-programing the unit.  Yesterday a Tech finally came out and removed the filters up on the pole.  He indicated that they had "forgot" to remove the filter when they switched from analog to digital.  He removed the filter and all channels now work.  I demanded a credit for the interupted service and Comcast offered me about $1.65.  But the main thing is that the Support center is so clueless and did not know that the network had been changed and that leaving the old filters would cause this problem.

Regular Visitor

Is this the small/simple Cisco Digital Converter box you are talking about (converts incoming digital signal (QAM) to analog (NTSC)) or the full blown digital cable box?
I have the former, and am also seeing the problem you mention, so I was wondering if your solution would also apply to me. TIA
Frequent Visitor

Its cisco RNG 100 http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/cable-box-user-manuals/

the issue was the signal wasnt coming in due to a filter on the line. This box dosnt tell you if there is a signal issue or anything, all the lights just stay off.