Community Forum

CardCARD not working with Tivo Bolt

Highlighted
New Poster

CardCARD not working with Tivo Bolt

I have  TivoBolt that I'm trying to use my Xfinity service. I've gone through the online activation which says it was successful. I've double checked the CableCARD serial number and the Host ID. Everything looks correct.

However, I get no channels at all. I've power cycled the Tivo box but still nothing.

And the CableCARD support number (1-877-405-2298) is only answered during the week. VERY FRUSTRATING!! 

Is there any way to get Xfinity support on weekends?

New Poster

Re: CardCARD not working with Tivo Bolt

Reading through the forums this seems like a common occurance. Obviously, they don't have a good process for supporting Tivo users automatically. This must cost them a lot in support calls.

More detail:

- I received the CableCARD by mail after calling Comcast support. 

- It's a "Technicolor" brand. H/W Model: 0908, Ver: 0010, Bldr Ver: 1.25

- When I go to any channel I get the V58 error code ("This channel is not authorized").

- When I first plugged in the Tivo after installing the CableCARD, it showed that the card's firmware was being updated.

New Poster

I definitely have used up over 3 hours of support time trying to get my CableCard issue resolved. It seems like the forum is the only way to resolve these issues, as calling the cable card just results in:

1. CSR attempts to send "different signals" for about 30 minutes, followed by the reboot / replug dance
  2. They put you on hold for another 10 or 20 minutes
  3. They claim to put in a ticket that will resolve the issue in 24 hours - there is never a ticket number that can be referenced in the future
  4. The issue is not resolved, call again and go back to #1

It does seem like everyone gets their issue resolved if they can get the attention of a Comcast employee on here, so I think that's our only chance.

New Poster

Tivo's CableCARD support team was able to fix this in a few minutes by sending a "reset" to the card.

They suggested that I could've done this myself via the troubleshooting links on the Xfinity account page or smartphone app.

Glad it turned out to be easier than most forum posters.