Community Forum

Cannot delete DVR recordings

Frequent Visitor

Cannot delete DVR recordings

I have a series of recordings from August 2017 which I cannot delete. I had a service technician at my home and he was unable to resolve it. Supposedly, these recordings were downloaded to another device and need to be deleted there first. I have no recollection of downloading anything and do not have a device with any downloaded programs. I continue to get an XRE-06034 error. How does this get resolved?
New Poster

Re: Cannot delete DVR recordings

I have this EXACT same issue. Have spoken to over 15 techs and had one come to my home to "diagnose". No progress has been made, and no follow-up from Xfinity. What are we paying for?

Frequent Visitor

I was hoping to find someone who resolved this. Does anyone from Xfinity read this forum??
Official Employee

Hello All, 

This sounds like something that will need to be investigated by the advanced techs and engineers. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Was a solution ever found for this? I'm having the same issue and have had 3 contacts with support so far to no resultion. Would greatly appreciate some assitance.

Frequent Visitor

Sadly, this problem has not been resolved despite two visits to my home by technicians and a variety of exchanges with Comcast technical folks. Must be a significant issue in their system.
Official Employee

@RichLes

I'm showing the advanced techs attempted to contact you regarding this issue and you were not available. I will reply to your private message with our next steps on how to get this resolved. Chat with you soon.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I did finally resolve this by inetracting with an advanced technical person. They advised that there was an issue left over from when I moved in August of 2017. I received new boxes but something was not transferred correctly. They deleted all of my old recordings and now everything is working fine.

Frequent Visitor

I have the exact same problem. I have had the same two dvrs since I moved 3 years ago.  On June 30 of this year we moved again, but it was just down the street, so I kept the same dvrs, but Comcast, of course had to change our account no, etc. We overlapped on accounts for one day.  Everything that was recorded on June 29 or June 30 will not delete. I get a message that says there was an error and I must restart the box. Both boxes have been totally rebooted numerous times since we moved, and both boxes have recordings from June 29 and 30 that will not delete no matter what I do. I've also tried deleting them online--no dice.

Comcast obviously has an issue that they either refuse to or cannot resolve. This makes them look technologically inept.  I'm afraid if I call tech support, all my recordings will be deleted, so I've just ignored it, but it is extremely annoying.

Silver Problem Solver

There is a "go nuclear" option that involves basically reformatting the drive. You will not only lose the recordings, but also your scheduled recordings and series list. Hopefully, this still works:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Resets#DVR_HDD_Reset

Frequent Visitor

I don't beleie the nuclear option is necessary - I was able to get this resolved with an advanced technician over the phone. You just need to be persistent with tech support and eventually the issue will get elevated to someone who can resolve it.