Community Forum

Can't pair Samsung HW-F355 sound bar and XR2 remote

Frequent Visitor

Can't pair Samsung HW-F355 sound bar and XR2 remote

I have Samsung HW-F355 sound bar connected to my TV using audio component cables. Unfortunately, I can't pair the XR2 remote with the sound bar, and I have to operate it using the sound bar's own remote. I tried all the Samsung codes I could find, and also XR2 procedure to serarch for unknown code (Setup + 992), to no avail. Can anyone help please? Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Can't pair Samsung HW-F355 sound bar and XR2 remote

Unfortunately, not all soundbars are compatible. If you’ve tried all the codes and the manual way with no luck, then you’ll need the 2 remotes

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't pair Samsung HW-F355 sound bar and XR2 remote

I ended up pairing the remote and the sound bar. Just did a little bit of research and some experimentation. The solution was finding the pairing code on XR2 while the already paired TV is TURNED OFF. Once this was done, I manually turned off the sound bar, and then turned on both the sound bar and the TV using XR2, and vu a la! both devices are paired, and I can control both using the XR2 remote. When I followed the XR2 manual (having all the devices on), the second pairing code (sound bar) would overwrite the first pairing code (TV). 

This little trick should be known to the tech. support representatives, or at least should be documented on the support site.