Community Forum

Cablecard only getting local channels.

New Poster

Cablecard only getting local channels.

For the past couple months my cable card says subscription required on everything except the local channels. I can still watch the other channels via streaming from the xfinity site so I'm assuming something got messed up with the cablecard settings. Any help?

Official Employee

Re: Cablecard only getting local channels.

@EgillSkall wrote:

For the past couple months my cable card says subscription required on everything except the local channels. I can still watch the other channels via streaming from the xfinity site so I'm assuming something got messed up with the cablecard settings. Any help?

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have sent some signals to your cable card that have been known to resolve this issue in many cases. Please let me know how things are now. Thanks again for your patience.

What type of device are you using with the cable card? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

A HDHomerun Prime is what I'm using and the problem persists.

Official Employee

@EgillSkall wrote:

A HDHomerun Prime is what I'm using and the problem persists.

Thanks for that information and update. Let me loop in another team to take a closer look. 

In the meantime, the below may provide some insight: 

Unfortunately, Kodi/XBMC does not support DRM protected channels. Channels that are copy protected by the cable provider (indicated by the DRM mark) can only be accessed by hardware/software that supports industry-approved protection, which basically means a PC running Windows Media Center, a media center extender linked to such a PC, a Playstation 3, or our HDHomeRun VIEW app for Android. Other hardware/software that does not support protection (including most DLNA device, QuickTV, XBMC, VLC, etc.) can only access the unprotected channels.|

This could also be an example of “working as intended” if you are using PLEX as a platform to avenue the content from Silicon Dust HD Home Run Prime. And because of the recent update for Windows, Windows Media Center is no longer available; which was a primary platform for HD Home Run Prime. Some users have been looking for alternative methods/devices.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The android app doesn't get the channels either so I don't think that is the issue.

Official Employee

@EgillSkall wrote:

The android app doesn't get the channels either so I don't think that is the issue.

Got it - thanks! I have our dedicated cable card team loking at this. Thanks for your patience.