Community Forum

Cablecard Activation

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Cablecard Activation

New to comcast TV, just installed Friday. I bought a tivo and I am trying to activate a cablecard. I'm on secon cablecard and still same problem. Tivo stuck aquiring channel information at 89% CAN I PLEASE GET A TECH THAT KNOWS HOW TO ACTIVATE ?? Sorry I switched from Directv already. Cable card is a cisco. DAVIC screen in cable card menu says UNLOCKED. cable card diag screen bott time says waiting for update.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cablecard Activation

Can anyone help ? Cable modem will not pair. Diags from tivo says card is not activated
Gold Problem Solver
Official Employee

@tmanbt wrote:

New to comcast TV, just installed Friday. I bought a tivo and I am trying to activate a cablecard. I'm on secon cablecard and still same problem. Tivo stuck aquiring channel information at 89% CAN I PLEASE GET A TECH THAT KNOWS HOW TO ACTIVATE ?? Sorry I switched from Directv already. Cable card is a cisco. DAVIC screen in cable card menu says UNLOCKED. cable card diag screen bott time says waiting for update.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved. Thanks for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee Digital Care

Hi tmanbt, 

I can help investigate the issues you're having with your cable card. Can you please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send a Private Message, please click Comcast_Support” and click “send a message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee Digital Care

Hi tmanbt, unfortunately I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day. 

Official Employee

@tmanbt wrote:

Apologies again for this issue. Sounds like a technician went out to correct some signal levels and we were able to then get the cable card activated. 

Thanks for our patience while the team worked to identify and resolve.