Community Forum

Cable to TV in living room, no picture. In bedroom got picture.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Cable to TV in living room, no picture. In bedroom got picture.

One day I turned on DVR to record a show but got “no picture.”

This happened all of a sudden.  I made no changes.  All was fine previous day.

I have 2 cables coming in through the wall.

1. Living room: Cable in goes to splitter, 1st o/p goes to set-top-box, got picture, no problems.

2nd o/p goes to Adapter black box, o/p goes to DVR recorder then TV, no picture, that’s the problem.

Can play DVD, got picture.

1. Bedroom: Cable in goes to splitter, 1st o/p goes to modem for Internet, no problems.

2nd o/p goes to Adapter black box, o/p goes to VCR recorder then TV, got picture, no problems.

I did these trouble shootings:

1. Moved DVR to bedroom, got picture, can record but no graphics on screen.
  2. Moved VCR to living room, no picture.
  3. Moved bedroom adapter to living room, no picture.
  4. Moved living room adapter to bedroom, got picture.
  5. Got 2 new RG-6 cables for living room adapter i/p and o/p, no picture.
  6. Moved living room splitter to bedroom, got picture.
  7. Moved bedroom splitter to living room, no picture.
  8. Living room splitter, swapped o/p cables, set-to-box got picture, adapter no picture.

To summarize, all components (cables,splitters,adapters,recorders,tvs) work fine in the bedroom but not

in the living room.  Before coming to this forum I searched the Internet.  They said try RG-6 cables (I did)

and try a cable signal amplifier (did not).  Someone said Comcast made changes at a substation that

could affect a certain area in the neighborhood.  All ideas don’t matter because everything works

fine in the bedroom but not in the living room.  This is not a bad component problem.  Help!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Cable to TV in living room, no picture. In bedroom got picture.

So, the problem is with your personal recording equipment or a Comcast dvr? Your post is kind of all over the place just stick with the setup that isn’t working and go from there

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Its personal dvr.

Diamond Problem Solver

If it’s a personal dvr start with the manufacturer. What if it’s no longer working or no longer compatible? If you bypass the personal equipment and the cable box works, that tells you what the culprit is.

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

The dvr works just fine, in the bedroom.

Diamond Problem Solver

You’ll just have to keep playing with it, we don’t support third party devices. All equipment is working the way it’s supposed to, That’s why I suggested working with the manufacturer (maybe an update is needed)

Frequent Visitor

As I said originally, I moved the working vcr to the living room and got no picture.

I didn't say originally but I tried another dvr and got no picture.  That makes 3 different

recorders from 3 different mfg's and got no picture.  How could all 3 different mfg's be

incompatable at the same time?  All 3 got picture in the bedroom.  Problem is not the mfg.

Frequent Visitor

Solution:  In living room, the A/C adapter for the Digital Adapter was bad.  Didn't see the

power light on the Digital Adapter because its always hanging upside down.