Community Forum

Cable card charge

New Poster

Cable card charge

About 6-7 years ago I purchased a Cable-Card and have had no monthly charge for the card I bought.

A couple of weeks ago the card quite working and the Xfinity Tech said the card was bad and I should order another replacement card, which I did. Same function, same type of card, old one was defective. Now Xfinity has decided that "new" cards will have a $9.99 month fee...... talk about nickel and dime'ing the customer. SO, if the old card still worked I would not be charged a fee. But, because I had to replace it with one that worked I now have to pay $9.99 month for the SAME service.

Xfinity has become a child of the airlines..... add charge after charge for BS things that used to be included in the base cost. Check your Xfinity bill... and note the "extra" fees that normally would be included in the basic service cost..... not anymore! THANKS XFINITY FOR NOTHING!

Expert

Re: Cable card charge

@keruedy wrote:

About 6-7 years ago I purchased a Cable-Card and have had no monthly charge for the card I bought.

A couple of weeks ago the card quite working and the Xfinity Tech said the card was bad and I should order another replacement card, which I did. Same function, same type of card, old one was defective. Now Xfinity has decided that "new" cards will have a $9.99 month fee...... talk about nickel and dime'ing the customer. SO, if the old card still worked I would not be charged a fee. But, because I had to replace it with one that worked I now have to pay $9.99 month for the SAME service.

Xfinity has become a child of the airlines..... add charge after charge for BS things that used to be included in the base cost. Check your Xfinity bill... and note the "extra" fees that normally would be included in the basic service cost..... not anymore! THANKS XFINITY FOR NOTHING!

you probably have to return the old cable card (from all I know they can't be sold and remain the property of Comcast).  you can check using a smart device and the Xfinity My Account app and the TV tab to see if both cable cards are now listed on your account. then there would not be an additional 'outlet' charge (2nd cable card). alternatively you could call 800-Comcast and select billing and see if they still have both cards on your account and what happens when/if you return the non-working card.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Cable card charge

Thanks for the information.

The Tech that checked the card didn't say anything about returning the bad card. Neither did the 1-800 service tech, who was absolutley no help even after I explained the whole thing.  Interesting, I check "MyAccount" information yesterday and found no reference to the Cable Card charge. I did get an e-mail saying my service was being updated because it was incorrect. Today I checked "MyAccount"..... and, amazing it now shows an extra equipment section that lists the first Cable Card and "included" and a second one as $9.99.

I just visited the local outlet and returned the "bad" card. The guy said it would be corrected by the end of the day................ we will see, I did get a receipt.

I really do appreciate your input, THANKS!