Community Forum

Cable box started having a loud humming noise.

Highlighted
New Poster

Cable box started having a loud humming noise.

My cable box started having a loud humming noise this morning. I unplugged unit for one minute and re powered unit up. Loud noise still present.

Official Employee

Re: Cable box started having a loud humming noise.

@cdbrown4 wrote:

My cable box started having a loud humming noise this morning. I unplugged unit for one minute and re powered unit up. Loud noise still present.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above

Please give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST and we can arrange to ship you a replacement box, have a technician come out and replace it or you can swap out your box at the local service center listed below.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/service-center-locations/

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @cdbrown4. Just following up on this, I can assist you with getting a replacement box. I can schedule the technician visit for you, or ship you a replacement box. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

In the 2018 versions of the X1 DVRs you can go to the device settings (power save)  and set it to turn off power when not in use. You can also adjust the brightness of the light.

Official Employee

18 month old thread closed