Community Forum

Cable Card Pairing problems

New Poster

Cable Card Pairing problems

I'm on my second cable card. Comcast tech support tells me everything is fine on their end but I have No Tv Signal on any channels in Windows media center. The card pairs and then doesn't. There's no channel map and from what I've read, is a problem with the card or pairing of the card. I had no problem with this setup before the switch to comcast. I was able to tune every channel that I had subscribed to with my previous service. A comcast tech came out and didn't bring an extra card to diagnose a Cable card issue. I don't think he even knew what a cc was until he arrived. He tested the signal and found nothing wrong. I get a signal to my tuner but no channels which leads me to believe that its a pairing/no channel map issue. Any help would be appreciated. Ceton InfiniTv4 Cable Card: Inserted. Cisco CC (scientific Atlanta) Card Authorization: Not Validated, Binding Authentication Complete, Validation Message not received yet No standard or HD channels. Number of Channels: 0 Channel Maps Received: 0 Out Of Band Frequency: 106.0 Mhz Out Of Band Carrier Lock: Locked Out Of Band MER: 36 db/10 Card not Validated. (was previously) Each card I had, validated then lost validation... WMDRM is GREEN Carrier Lock: 1 Digital Lock: 1 Signal Level: 2.6 dBmV Signal To Noise Level: 36.8 Descrambling Status: Unknown Copy Protection: NONE