Community Forum

Cable Box Gets Stuck In Zoom

Regular Visitor

Cable Box Gets Stuck In Zoom

Usually once a week the cable box will get stuck in zoom mode. When this happens I am unable to refresh the cable box from the app as it says the box is not connected. After I power cycle the cable box the picture is normal again. This only happens on one cable box in the house. I can always get it fixed but just wondering why this is happening.
Expert

Re: Cable Box Gets Stuck In Zoom

@FL_Jones wrote:
Usually once a week the cable box will get stuck in zoom mode. When this happens I am unable to refresh the cable box from the app as it says the box is not connected. After I power cycle the cable box the picture is normal again. This only happens on one cable box in the house. I can always get it fixed but just wondering why this is happening.

I find with my cable-box that if I do not aim my remote directly at it, it can sometimes pick up an incorrect control code. That could cause your problem and lock up the cable-box. To correct it I need to reset the cable-box.

You could clean off the remote signal window and the one on the cable-box. If you have sunlight shining close to the cable-box, closing drapes or window-shade could help.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

This same thing started on my system last week. I have 3 boxes. Happened on box 1 last week one time. Reset box and all OK. Now it happened on another box. 2 times in 24 hours. Reset box and all OK each time. Each happened when no remote activity was happening. Just happened while watching. Boxes on different floors of house.

Expert

@oldladygarden wrote:

This same thing started on my system last week. I have 3 boxes. Happened on box 1 last week one time. Reset box and all OK. Now it happened on another box. 2 times in 24 hours. Reset box and all OK each time. Each happened when no remote activity was happening. Just happened while watching. Boxes on different floors of house.

Is anyone in your house-hold possibly using one of the other televisions when this happens? If you happen to be in an apartment building, condominium, townhouse, the neighbor might have the same type of cable-box. A stay signal might produce wrong code entry and mess with your cable-box.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

We have 3 boxes. Different floors, rooms

Latest one happened overnight. While no one watching

Regular Visitor

Similar issue here. It can happen when I first turn it on or change while watching something. We have two cable boxes in the house and it only happens on one box. I replaced the box and it still happens sometimes. Odd thing I have noticed is that the boxes show offline from my phone app so I am unable to send a refresh. The only fix is to unplug the unit.
Expert

What type of cable-boxes are causing this problem for each of you?

Regular Visitor

Model PX022ANC
Frequent Visitor

Model Number PXDO1ANI - In Metro Atlanta

Expert

I would suggest getting the cable-boxes exchanged at your nearest service center, or calling 

1-800-XFINITY.

Frequent Visitor

Before I start running back and forth changing devices out.

On the same system I have DPC3941T modem for Internet and Voice.

In Bridge Mode. Using Asus AC router.

This device recently drops out of Bridge Mode, drops internet. I have to restart, Disable Bridge mode, restart, Enable Bridge mode to get internet back.

Could I have a Splitter going bad that would affect all of my system and causing both problmes? Comcast has also been adjusting our Internet speed up lately. Could their tuning cause this issue?

Official Employee

Hello @FL_Jones & @oldladygarden, thanks for reaching out! I can further look into these cable/internet concerns for you. Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastAmira", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I am not seeing a Send Message button

Official Employee

@oldladygarden, Can you please make sure you have the most recent flash update on your device and try again? If you continue to have issues, feel free to access this link, which will provide more assistance with private messages. Please let me know if you are still unable to send a Private Message. Thanks! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Flash update was the issue.

Official Employee

@oldladygarden, good to know and I have responded to your Private Message! If you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience, thanks.