Community Forum

Cable Box Constantly Freezes

New Poster

Cable Box Constantly Freezes

I cannot watch an hour of TV before it freezes.  Sometimes it reboots and sometimes it doesn't.  I am on my third cable box.  Each time the techs have just shrugged their shoulders and said "I'll get you a new box.".  Nothing corrects it, and I refuse to get up and down 6 times a day to unplug and replug  the ,)##$ box.  Now the remote has begun to stop working intermittently.  New batteries so that's not it.  It just quits.  I have to reset it.  The TV freezes abd so does the remote.  Why am I paying this company?  I am beyond fed up and disgusted with this company.  No wonder Comcast is one of the most reviled businesses in the US.  Nothing is ever easy or fixed wih them.

Contributor

Re: Cable Box Constantly Freezes

Very good questions.    The maximum amount to pay for glaringly buggy equipment is $0.00 .   Consider to boxes/plans such that you get the two or three free HD-DTAs via "choice tv" aka "limited basic" and your customer-satisfaction level will increase - try it for a couple months and supplement with streaming-services as you see fit.      Venn Diagrams are super-useful for comparing the seemingly bizarrely bundled and overlapping streaming services.    If you look up the costs the providers pay the channels, you can see how/why the bundles are selected via each streaming service.    Compare with the top-notch xfinity-streaming app provided with choice-tv/limited-basic along with the free HD-DTAs.    For 'extra' channels compare xfinity with the competitors and select as you see fit.    Note that for local/free-TV channels the best option is usually an antenna with an owned-DVR on your residential network - there are so many cool options lately.      Best regards!