Community Forum

CSAPDU5VPI power source can't be behind a splitter?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

CSAPDU5VPI power source can't be behind a splitter?

Hey, 

Simple question - I have the CSAPDU5VPI amplifier outside the house

Our house used to have two cable sources on opposite sides of a wall with one cable feeding it and a splitter going to both wall jacks

We only had one of them connected and the other jack just dead, but I was going to set up a splitter inside the wall again

Come to realize, our CSAPDU5VPI power source is on the one wall jack that is connected.  After setting up the splitter, cable didn't work - assuming it didn't get power, but I didn't check with a multimeter to be sure.  Just, no TV Smiley Wink

Splitters tried:  Two comcast installation leftovers, a commscope SV-2G and a PCT PCT-NGNII-2S, both 2-way -3.5 jobbies (about as typical as one could get)

So is this normal behavior for this amplifier ...?  I guess I will have to move the power source location... ?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: CSAPDU5VPI power source can't be behind a splitter?

Yes that is normal, remote power doesn’t pass through a splitter (no matter what type) but there is a splitter (if you can find one) that will split power and signal. If you use one, make sure that line is coming out of port 1.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
A8AB106B-508D-46D8-9F9E-C1CD720E0CED.jpeg
Frequent Visitor

Re: CSAPDU5VPI power source can't be behind a splitter?

Yep, the power-T is already plugged in...

...Just after the 2-channel splitter. 

I will just have to get another UPS for the amplifier power supply and plug it into another outlet if I want to get the cable working on that outlet again (or run another RG6 cable).  

No big deal either way...  Was just curious.  Thanks!