Community Forum

COMCAST remote for powering on LG TV

New Poster

COMCAST remote for powering on LG TV

I have a problem powerring on my new LG  TV which is hooked up on Comcast cable HD. When I press the POWER button on the Comcast remote, the picture flickers on, then off. In order to keep the picture on, I have to press two buttons on the Comcast remote, ---> @ upper left "TV" and upper right "POWER." The :LG TV remote does not turn on anything.

Can you help so that I can use just one button to turn on ther TV and cable box?

Dr. Al

Silver Problem Solver

Re: COMCAST remote for powering on LG TV

Try the ALL ON button

Regular Visitor

OK LG new LCD comcast people = LG code in comcast 0056 does NOT work . I googled researched etc and 0178 did  NOT work for me. I just happened to come across one post by gentleman had new 52 in LCD.................. OMG 11265 is only place I saw it and ONLY Number that worked. All other numbers worked but no volume control and could not turn tv  off

LG LCD try 11265 and everything VOLUME AND POWER ALL of it works

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU COMCAST FOR NO HELP AND WRONG CODES FOR LG IN YOUR COMCAST GUIDE!! HOPE THIS HELPS ONE PERSON .

Regular Visitor

TRY SETTING REMOTE TO 11625 MY NEW lg THIS IS ONLY CODE THAT WOULD WORK WITH VOLUME AND POWER

Silver Problem Solver

Thanks for the code 11265.

It will be useful for the customer volunteers on this site in the future.

Regular Visitor

that is why I posted it here. I stumbled on it = some guy said he tried for 3 mos

Why does comcast not have updated info on LG TVs. I bought Samsung also and better not have trouble with that .

Regular Visitor

ME TOO I FOUND IT UNDER GOOGLE FROM ONE POST THANKS FOR SHARING = AS IT IS ONLY CODE FOR LG THAT GETS POWER AND VOLUME

WILL I NEED THIS CODE FOR SAMSUNG OR DO I TRUST COMCAST ON CODES FOR SAMSUNG = HAS TO BE 5 DIGIT NUMBER AND COMCAST MANUAL SAYS 4

ANY IDEA WHAT CODE FOR SAMSUNG ?

Silver Problem Solver

vicky,

The 4 digit codes are for the older remote with the grey OK/Select button.

This link http://sitesearch.comcast.com/?cat=ccentral&q=remote+codes shows the remotes Comcast uses at present. They now allow searches by tv model. I would imagine you have the silver remote with the Red OK/Select button which uses the 5 digit codes.

The newer site for remotes seems a lot more user friendly than the old link they had.

from the site under Samsung for the RED OK/Select button remote

Most likely code: 10812

New Poster

Wow thank you so much for posting this! I have been trying to program this remote all afternoon.
New Poster

Wow the 11265 code also worked on my 47 inch Vizio,  power and volume finally work thanks.

New Poster

I have been trying the same thing on my LG tv and this code worked for me also. Thanks !!

New Poster

It helped me....thanks

New Poster

11265 worked for my 42" LG LCD.  Thanks!

New Poster

Thank you

The number 11265 worked. Comcast should revise the information given to us. I almost had a discussion qith my wife because she kept saying that I am doing it wrong, but actually Comcast was wrong not the procedure.

Thanks

New Poster

This code worked, thanks for the help.
New Poster

10812 worked for me. Thanks so much for posting this has been driving me crazy!!!!
New Poster

OMG thank you so much, I have been trying to connect my comcast remote to tv and none of the codes worked but this one!!!! You are a life saver. Thank you so much!!!!!

Regular Visitor

It did help. AWESOME!!! Thanks

New Poster

it worked for me! thanks

New Poster

Thank you, I have 47" and 11265 worked!!!

New Poster

Thank you!!

New Poster

Thanks...11265 worked perfectly. Appreciate the help. 

New Poster

AWEEKS wrote:

I have a problem powerring on my new LG  TV which is hooked up on Comcast cable HD. When I press the POWER button on the Comcast remote, the picture flickers on, then off. In order to keep the picture on, I have to press two buttons on the Comcast remote, ---> @ upper left "TV" and upper right "POWER." The :LG TV remote does not turn on anything.

Can you help so that I can use just one button to turn on ther TV and cable box?

Dr. Al

LG 120 Hz's LED 3D TV - I tried and tried with out success what Comcast / Xfinity published

Then I found this blog "Success" After trying the most suggested code 11265 without success

I then tried the others and 0056 did work. Whew~ Thank you All for the input.

New Poster

LG LCD try 11265..............worked ...thanks

New Poster

THANK YOU SO MUCH!   I was finally able to set my remote code!  11265 worked for me!

New Poster

Thanks for the 11265 suggestion.  It works!  No thanks to Comcast for not putting it in all their guides, for new or old remotes.  What could it hurt?  Comcast makes things much more difficult than they need to be.  I wasted a lot of time before thinking of Googling it.

New Poster

Worked for me as well. I have a brand new LG and was fiddling with it for an hour. Finally googled and fell upon this thread. Thanks for the suggestion. Controlling volume and channel /power

New Poster

THANK YOU!!! IT WORKED>

New Poster

Thank you so much for the LG code.  It was driving me mad trying to set it up. 

New Poster

Thanks for the info. This really help! I tried and tried to search for the codes for LG TVs but no luck until I have read your message here in the forum.
Is the real deal for all LG brand TVs. Thanks again
New Poster

Thank you sooo much!

ALL the Comcast Codes for LG were incorrect! There was NO place...not even Comcast...that could provide me with the correct info.

To the person who originally posted this...Thank you so very much! Your help is greatly appreciated  :-)

New Poster

10060 also works for SAMSUNG

New Poster

11265 worked like a charm! THANK YOU!
New Poster

Thanks worked like a charm !!!
Regular Visitor

your welcome everyone. I know how frustrating it is hours searching find right remote code because one comcast  posted does not work.. I think it took me few hours of searching internet and did not want anyone else have to do that............pay it forward. Have good day.

New Poster

Hello Administrator,

Could you please find out a better remote code for Xfinity Remote Control to add LG LCD TV of model 47LA6200 as one of its devices. I tried the following:

1. 11265

2. 11758

3. 10812

and I guess few more...

All of these work differently and do not give a complete functionality or even half of the functionality of the TV features.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Abani

New Poster

Thank you Vicky! 11265 worked great!
Regular Visitor

LG 60" TV  Found 11265 works. Thanks for the

AWEEKS wrote:

Dr. Al

AWEEKS wrote:

Dr. Al

AWEEKS wrote:

Dr. Al

comcast NO SERVICE again.

Regular Visitor

X1 BOX DOES SHOW LG codes in help video for setting up remote... what I would like to find functionality of the arrow keys and select /ok key 11265 does not provide that functionality on new X1 remote for the 2015 LG 50LF6100
Gold Problem Solver

Cheyennemtnman wrote:
X1 BOX DOES SHOW LG codes in help video for setting up remote... what I would like to find functionality of the arrow keys and select /ok key 11265 does not provide that functionality on new X1 remote for the 2015 LG 50LF6100

And they never will...  You cannot use your Comcast Remote to access the menu system of the TV... the remotes will only power on/power off and change the volume.... ( the XR5 and XR11 WILL change the TV's input ( HDMI1-HDMI2-HDMI3-COMP1-COMP2, etc ) if you have those remotes and the X1 system though.

-=Ray=-

Official Employee

I'm sorry that there was such a difficulty finding the right code for your LG tv.  For future reference you can use this link https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/ to find the codes used for each remote and various TVs and receiver/soundbars.

Regular Visitor

Thank you for your prompt responses... so step 2 says -Use the remote to operate your TV (use Power, VOL, etc.) What does "etc." Include?
Official Employee

On the older comcast remotes, 

remote.jpg You could hit the TV button on the top and then use some features like info, input and menu on your tv.  It was somewhat hit and miss depending on the make and model of the tv.  On the newer comcast remotes, or X1 remotes, that ability has been changed and is limited to volume power and input.

New Poster

I have an Ultra HD Samnsung Smart TV, manufactured September 2014, and the only code that worked was this one:

You're welcome! 

Regular Visitor

remote.jpg

LG 32LF500B try remote code 11178

there are over 60 codes to try here http://customer.xfinity.com/remotes