Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

CHANGING SAP

New Poster

CHANGING SAP

I've followed directions to change SAP language from Spanish to Rnglish to watch soccer on UniMas but not heating English. Is there something else I need to do?
Contributor

Re: CHANGING SAP

Me too. I've switched the audio from channel default to English, Spanish, and French, and every one just has Spanish audio.
New Poster

Us too. It seems ridiculous that five Comcast channels were carrying MLS in Spanish tonight and NONE in English. Does management think that there is only a Latino audience for soccer in the US?
Frequent Visitor

Can't access SAP

Hello,

I have Xfinity TV, and I was trying to access the SAP option for alternate audio for the first time last night, and was not able to get that to work.

Using my remote, I went to "Menu", then "Settings", then "Audio Settings", and I changed the audio from "Channel Default" to "English".  Still, the audio didn't change.  I then set it to "Spanish", then "French", but still no change of audio.  I tried this numerous times.

The program I was watching was the first Major League Soccer game of the year, on a Spanish channel.  MLS has been heavily promoting that they're broadcasting an English commentary as a SAP on their Spanish language broadcasts:

http://m.mlssoccer.com/sap

And all during the match they had a little logo come on the screen saying "English broadcast available on SAP"---so I'm virutally 100% sure that there was an English SAP.

My cable box is a Cisco RNG150N.

Thanks for any help.

Kyle

Frequent Visitor

Oh sorry, I didn't see this thread, and started another one on the same subject---yes, I'm having the exact same issue.

Official Employee

All - Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I am looking into this further. At first glance and review of your accounts, this does not appear to be geographically specific or equipment type specific.

It does not appear to be a nationwide issue either (originating from UniMas or from Comcast or other video providers) based on the very small number of complaints that I could locate. Again, I am looking further.

I would suggest a few things – one reboot your cable box; remove the AC power from the box, wait 20 seconds and then plug it back in.

Then change you language settings to turn on SAP and then check a channel that you know uses SAP regularly to see if you are receiving a secondary audio program. HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Discovery, TNT, USA, Lifetime are examples of networks that have a lot of programming available with SAP.

DTA boxes – Press the LANG button or http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/dta-on-screen-guide/#Audio_Setup

Non X1 boxes – Press the Menu button twice on the Comcast Universal Remote Control.

A new screen below will appear, with the top-left option automatically selected. Use the down-arrow key (above the Info button) to navigate to Setup and press OK/Select (the center key on the remote control in the middle of the 4 arrow/directional buttons).

Use the down-arrow key (above the Info button) to navigate to Audio setup and press OK/Select.

The Default Audio Track will default to the first option–Channel default–which is always the channel’s main audio track (unless it was previously changed).

• Press the right-arrow navigation key to change the audio track. Changing this selection will instantly change the audio.
1. Press once for English
2. Press twice for Spanish (Español) OR to activate Video Description (DVS)
3. Press three times for French (Français)
4. Press four times for Portuguese (Portugues).
5. Then press the Exit button (above the Volume button) to resume program viewing

Please note: These audio options can only be heard if the program provider or cable channel is providing that additional audio option.

X1 cable boxes http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-audio-output/

Also, please advise how your audio is connected from the cable box to the TV set – via coaxial cable, RCA cable (red-white audio cables), HDMI, optical audio, via surround sound system, etc.). If the above does not help, look at the remote control for your TV set (not your cable box) as the language settings may have been accidentally changed (sometimes labeled as MTS or SAP).

Thanks for your patience. 

New Poster

changing SAP

Anyone hear from Comcast about how to change SAP from Spanish to English?  Sure would be nice since I understand all Friday night Soccer games are going to be on the Spanish channel...

New Poster

I also cannot access a SAP audio program for Unimas. I have tried changing the Audio Setup for Unimas (my channel 797) to English, and got no change in the audio. I successfully get the SAP English audio channel for BeIn Sport Espanol ( my channel 583).
MLS has advertised that the SAP English commentary would be available for MLS broadcasts.
Frequent Visitor

Something was resolved in regards to my signal chain, as tonight I was indeed able to access the English SAP for the MLS game, by following the standard instructions, whereas last week it didn't work for me.

Regular Contributor

I upgraded to the X1 box and now the SAP on Unimas no longer works. Thats wonderful. I've tried everything in the X1 box itself and on my TV and it DOESN'T work. 

Contributor

Same problem for me on X1.  Never been able to get SAP in English.  Follow all the SAP instructions and it makes not difference.  Please respond if you are an X1 customer and managed to hear UNIMAS in English SAP recently.  Curious if it works for anybody or not.

Contributor

I know it has been 6 months, but are you on X1 platform and able to hear English SAP on Unimas?

Expert
Moved:

Post Removed for violation of Forum Posting Guidelines.

Frequent Visitor

The fact that Comcast has not addressed this issue with a correct FAQ or tutorial on how to change the default audio language is typical of Comcast's COMPLETE LACK OF DESIRE TO ENSURE THEIR CUSTOMERS RECEIVE ANY AMOUNT OF SUPPORT.  As a Comcast customer you are on your own.  

The "How to Fix" provided on this thread by what I assume to be as Comcast employee did not work on my tuner box, of course, BUT I DO HAVE A FIX FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN SO FAR UNABLE TO CHANGE THEIR SYSTEM'S LANGUAGE BACK TO ENGLISH.

With the TV and box on and tuned to a station broadcasting multiple languages (HBO is almost always broadcasting English and Spanish) press MENU TWO TIMES and choose the SETUP option.  Next choose AUDIO SETUP.  If the Defaulot audio track is set to SPANISH (as mine was) you will notice you can't change that setting.  So, go the the item underneath the default audio setting which is DESCRIPTIVE VIDEO SERVICE and set it to OFF.  When I did this my default language setting changed back to ENGLISH and was also then allowing changes to the setting.

Silver Problem Solver

Les_Miles wrote:

The "How to Fix" provided on this thread by what I assume to be as Comcast employee did not work on my tuner box, of course, BUT I DO HAVE A FIX FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN SO FAR UNABLE TO CHANGE THEIR SYSTEM'S LANGUAGE BACK TO ENGLISH. 

Yet it still gets users to the correct area.

You should stop complaining about things and learn what you are complaining about.