Community Forum

Are non-X-1 DVR boxes still available?

New Poster

Are non-X-1 DVR boxes still available?

I have an older DVR box that may or may not be starting to fail.  Am I forced to replace this with the X-1 system.  (My parents have it, and I don't really like it at all.)  Are you able to replace your DVR boxes with an "old fashioned" DVR box with a built-in hard drive?

Expert

Re: Are non-X-1 DVR boxes still available?

@VFBundy1966 wrote:

I have an older DVR box that may or may not be starting to fail.  Am I forced to replace this with the X-1 system.  (My parents have it, and I don't really like it at all.)  Are you able to replace your DVR boxes with an "old fashioned" DVR box with a built-in hard drive?

You still can get a cable-boxes that are used for linear cable only. I use a Cisco RNG150N high definition box. you could still use an old DVR cable box box but they are limited in what they can record.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Are non-X-1 DVR boxes still available?

It can be possible to get the older Legacy DVR box. I can certainly check this for you from here if you would like. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!