Community Forum

Anyone have a 4K HD 3D Sony TV?

New Poster

Anyone have a 4K HD 3D Sony TV?

Only see the great picture if I leave the Comcast cable box and go into the internet web and play stuff from there then my TV looks AMAZING!! Wish I new why acomcast doesn’t broadcast everything this way through cable we certainly pay enough!
Expert

Re: Anyone have a 4K HD 3D Sony TV?

Pebsinnh19699 wrote:
Only see the great picture if I leave the Comcast cable box and go into the internet web and play stuff from there then my TV looks AMAZING!! Wish I new why acomcast doesn’t broadcast everything this way through cable we certainly pay enough!

I purchased my Samsung 65" 3D UHD, curved, television for Christmas 2015. There has not been any Real 3D movies on cable since the end of 2016.

Currently; there is no 4K transmitted over antenna (OTA), or cable, in the USA.

For 4K you will find plenty over broadband sources: You Tube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and You Tube Red. Use the apps found on your Sony TV.

For Real 3D; many films are still being produced in this form. You will find them at Best Buy and most likely other sources. I believe your television can also convert most normal cable programs and movies from 2D to 3D. Check under your 3D menu on tv to use this feature. MPEG 4 used by Comcast now enhances using this feature.

I use the conversion to watch: football, Tour de France, and many 4K films submitted on You Tube. 3D is not quite as spectacular as movies created for 3D viewing, but still works very well.

New Poster

I was told by comcast if I bought a special coxal cable that was specific to handle the streaming 4k it would work but not sure I beleive it.  I have had the smart tv for a while and we do go out onto the internet part to watch mulitple things in 4k and we do enjoy using the 3d online through youtube we search for things that are used as examples of 3D and they are amazing (comes right out at ya) sometimes they can be an hour long example/movies too a few anyways but thanks for the info I appreciate it!!!

Expert

I am really supprised that no one with a Sony 3D TV has replied to your post yet. I realize that those of us with Real 3D televisions (any brand) are a very small percentage of Comcast customers who happen to also use their forum.

Did you find the 3D sub menu to set up viewing 2D programing in 3D yet. I have been watching the MN Vikings games in 3D when we have 4 or less people watching the game. We only have 4  Real 3D Active glasses.

New Poster

We went to best buy and  bought the "special cable" and it did make the picture a little crisper through the cable box but still not getting the 4K unless we go out of comcast box and go to the web through our TV then it's an awesome picture. Definatley not getting the great picture through the "cable" part of the TV. but at least we have the option of going out onto the internet to view stuff Smiley Happy

I have not tried you're suggestion but will show the hubby and see if he knows Smiley Happy thanks and I agree where are all the users with a 4K 3D great TV? Smiley Happy thanks for your help and suggestions!!