Community Forum

Adding channels to Roku or Tablet from Xfinity, Several won’t accept though I buy them like Starz

Highlighted
New Poster

Adding channels to Roku or Tablet from Xfinity, Several won’t accept though I buy them like Starz

I have Starz paid for as part of my package.  I can download players for HBO and premium channels and for USA, FOX, etc.  I can watch all content on these individual apps by loading my Xfinity username&password to these apps.  Likewise, when I want to add a channel to my (Roku) box and watch a show there (example the show is over and I did not during it) then I can add the SYFY channel, a code appears on my screen, I use an iPad to go to syfy.com/activate (or close) and put in the code on the screen,  Then it asks for my cable provider, I hit xfinity and it takes me to a site (probably pass through) where I put in my Xfinity username and password.  Well, Starz and a few others  don’t offer xfinity out of almost 1000.  I asked them, they said it was Xfinity’s lack of programming. I first tried to add a few channels last Spring and about every month.  Will somebody fix this standoff, I am happy to start paying for just the channels I watch. Paying $3,99 for regular channels and $15 for premium is still cheaper than $200/ month.  Plus there are bundles out there now.  Please someone at Xfinity fix this.

Official Employee

Re: Adding channels to Roku or Tablet from Xfinity, Several won’t accept though I buy them like S...

Hello Eor-Eor, I have addressed your concern on your original thread please click on this link for more information.