Community Forum

30 SECOND SKIP

Frequent Visitor

30 SECOND SKIP

Had to change out my dvr & remote. I was given a "legacy" dvr (non X1) and a 'xr2 v3 remote'. How can I add 30 second skip with this remote? "exit-exit-exit 0030" does not work due to not having X1 box. Please help! Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: 30 SECOND SKIP

You cannot add 30-second skip to the XR2 remote. It is too restricted and locked-down compared to the old silver or gray remotes. You may be able to go to a Comcast store and see if you can still get an older remote. Or get a 3rd party remote you can program.

Although it's no longer produced, you can still find the RCA RCRP05B (and RCRP05BR, which is the 'retail' version) online. It even has a dedicated skip button. I have been using these for several years, and use the connector in the battery compartment to custom program it (you need a special cable and some free software, and be a bit of a geek to understand how to do it, though.)

Be aware that the 30-second skip code only works with Motorola boxes as they still understand the old Motorola remote codes, in addition to the newer XMP code. Non-Motorola boxes only work with the XMP code set, and that does not have a 30-second skip.

Frequent Visitor

Re: 30 SECOND SKIP

Thanks for the reply. Good info.