Community Forum

3 new ch's on my boxes but NOT on cable card devices

Regular Contributor

3 new ch's on my boxes but NOT on cable card devices

I am in 48185

Fox sports 2 HD - 250

SEC Network Alternate HD - 472

Pac-12 network HD - 1329

All 3 were added to my system over a month ago, and all my cable boxes can tune them in. However, they are all missing from my cable card lineup. Does someone need to flip a special switch for this? How can I get the ability to watch these 3 channels via my cable card devices, I will want to with football season arriving very soon

Thank you

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: 3 new channels showing up on my cable BOXES, but not on my cable card devices

It’s possible those are IP channels. Those would only show on the cable boxes. Are your cable card devices (whatever they are) taking updates?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: 3 new channels showing up on my cable BOXES, but not on my cable card devices

@CCAndrew wrote:
It’s possible those are IP channels. Those would only show on the cable boxes. Are your cable card devices (whatever they are) taking updates?

I did a rescan yesterday and updated all firmware

These are NOT IP/internet channels, there is no internet icon, and data charges do NOT apply. In addition, there was a notice in my July bill about these new channels being added.

Each one of these channels has an SD counterpart already in the system.

SD is better than nothing, but HD is what is really preferred

Regular Contributor

I also notice that it takes MUCH longer to tune into these channels (up to 30 seconds in some cases) than any other channels I can access

Most Valued Poster

I use a TiVo too and these 3 channels were never added to Comcast of Garden State NJ system though maybe June 2019 billing statement said they would be and said nothing about these channels being IP only. Are you saying you are now receiving them thru your TiVo?
Regular Contributor

@tstack wrote:
I use a TiVo too and these 3 channels were never added to Comcast of Garden State NJ system though maybe June 2019 billing statement said they would be and said nothing about these channels being IP only. Are you saying you are now receiving them thru your TiVo?

I am saying that I receive them through an X1 box, but not through devices that utilize my cable card.

If they were "IP" wouldnt the little internet icon show up?

Regular Contributor

After sending direct messages with one of our Comcast experts here, he did state that these 3 channels were indeed "IP channels" whatever that means. So Istand corrected. I have no idea how I would be able to tell if a channel is "IP" or not