Community Forum

xfinity homepage

Frequent Visitor

xfinity homepage

While I find comcast services in this area good and I am happy with email, internet connection, etc.....

I find the xfinity homepage to be... the one component within their system that is just really substandard and in short... bad.

This page forces me to look at whatever news, etc. they have deemed usefull... while in reality, this page is 90% useless to most customers.

It makes the xfinity homepage a place that I go get my email... that is all... the rest of the page is full of entertainment, sports, finance, etc.... that I have no interest in at all.

So they have worked very hard to create this nice homepage... (nice for them) but they seem reluctant to have a homepage that might bring up news, science stories, etc. that is useful to the user . As a result, their homepage is essentially ignored by me and other users for anything other than email because we immediately go elsewhere (pay attention advertisers!

Seems like a waste of your time comcast.... and a waste of the money you solicit from us.... it also means advertisers are missing a significant chunk of the folks they think they are reaching because yes we might bring the page up.... for email... maybe... but mostly we are elsewhere.

I know for a fact, that comcast has been contacted by many users requesting a homepage they can customize to something that is useful to them.

Yet... comcast continues to spend cash on this useless homepage they wish us to use that forces content down the user's throat.

I would strongly encourage comcast to bring their homepage up to at least some basic acceptable standard. What they have now is certainly substandard in that it is a specific content they force upon the user... Which we respond to by creating our real homepage elsewhere. I am thinking comcast advertisers do not know this... or at least the extent to which that is true.

"Xfinity is totally customer focused?" ... well their homepage is a very clear "NO" that is a false statement. They have known about this problem for a minimum of 3 years now.....

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: xfinity homepage

Can someone tell me how to create or install an Xfinity home page as described on iMac Safari?