Community Forum

"Sorry, communication error has occurred..." Error Message

Official Employee

Re: A communication error has occurred for as long as I've had my account.

Hi Burker1108, I am showing you are already working with an agent on the forums.  Please reach back out to them if you still need assistance.  

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Communication error has occured

I am unable to manage my account online as I receive a message "communication error has occured", when I click reload, the same error pops up. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Communication error has occured

@Jpeppard wrote:

I am unable to manage my account online as I receive a message "communication error has occured", when I click reload, the same error pops up. 

What O/S and browser are you using?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Problem Solver

A knowledgeable agent needs to collect personal info from you and make adjustments on your account and/or your profile login. There have been many other similar posts where agents have assisted and resolved customers' issues via PM.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
New Poster

Any idea how to get an employee to respond? Perhaps I need to call in
Problem Solver

I don't think calling in will help as those customer service folks haven't been able to help as far as I know. You need to identify one of the agents that helped someone else and then mention them in a post using @name. Mentioning them will cause them to be alerted.
Joe V
New Poster

@ComcastAlly @ComcastPhil 

Hello Mr Ally and Mr Phil, 

seems you may have helped others with this account issue, can you assist me? 

Thanks!

New Poster

Can't access account

I am a new customer and I receive the following error when trying to load any page on my account: "A communication error has occurred. We have been notified and are looking into the issue. Please try reloading the page or coming back later."

Any idea why this is happening?  My account and e-mail were verified, as far as I could tell.

Thanks.

New Poster

Re: A Communication Error Has Occurred (New customer)

+1 me too!

I just got my installation today, and created my account this weekend earlier. I have searched the internet and Reddit both... Please fix this.
Problem Solver

Re: Can't access account

This is a common problem with many threads discussing/reporting it.  If you mention by @name, one or more of the agents who have assisted others, in a post, then they should be alerted and might respond.  Another poster has stated: "This was resolved by phone with a tech. My credentials were not linked to the proper account after changes were made to the system." You might also call 1-800-COMCAST and ask if the agent can link your profile login to your account properly.  If they cannot, then ask if they can escalate it to the next level support.

Joe V
New Poster

Thanks Jav!  I'll try calling if needed, but it would be great to get assistance from @ComcastPhill , @ComcastMartin , or another employee.

New Poster

Thoughts @ComcastTambrey  or @ComcastJoeTru ?

Official Employee

Hi Shaftakovich, I would like to help look into the communication error you are receiving when signing into your account online. Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Re: A communication error has occurred for as long as I've had my account.

Hi chriscowdrey, I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you need assistance in the future. We are here to help!

Thank you for your time!

Official Employee

Hi, kmlmerson. That is frustrating that you're receiving this error. There are a few things that cause it and I can absolutely help you fix it. Please send me a private message with your name and we can go from there. To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

KI5JYD ~ I have replied to your PM. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

I received my service just a few days ago, and have been having this exact same problem. Cannot sign into the My Account page or on the app, both give me errors. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Official Employee

Hi there, cconrad3653. I will continue assisting you with this in our private message that we have going. Thanks!

Official Employee

Hi Shaftakovich, I haven't heard from you but please reach back out here on our Community Forums if you need any assistance in the future.  We are here to help!

Thank you