Community Forum

"Looks like you can't make changes to this plan"

New Poster

"Looks like you can't make changes to this plan"

I originally canceled my service with Xfinity back in February of this year due to moving to a new place that already had this type of service available. Now I am in the process of moving once again, but this time into a new apartment without service, so I'm trying to schedule Xfinity service to start there on 8/15, but my account is not allowing me to do this. Currently, it just says the following...

Looks like you can't make changes to this plan.

Please contact the account owner to continue.

Please let me know how I can go about starting up service with Xfinity once again, or if I simply need to make a brand new account.

Expert

Re: "Looks like you can't make changes to this plan"

@pfinn17gp wrote:

I originally canceled my service with Xfinity back in February of this year due to moving to a new place that already had this type of service available. Now I am in the process of moving once again, but this time into a new apartment without service, so I'm trying to schedule Xfinity service to start there on 8/15, but my account is not allowing me to do this. Currently, it just says the following...

Looks like you can't make changes to this plan.

Please contact the account owner to continue.

Please let me know how I can go about starting up service with Xfinity once again, or if I simply need to make a brand new account.

You simply need to make a brand new account.  You canceled your service so it isn't there to make changes to.  Smiley Wink  You are now a new customer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

New Poster

Ok I'm back again... I took your advice and tried to make a new account online, but your website claims that both my email address and phone are in use by another account.

I can get another email address, but I'm not going to go get a new phone number to make this work.

How can I get this account to work for the new address I live at versus my old one associated with my account?

New Poster

Just to elaborate further...

I attempted to start new service to my new address through your Xfinity website. After typing in my new address, it gave me several options on internet services to choose from. I chose the 400MB internet plan, and then it took me through the process of collecting my credit card info.

When inserting my credit card info, I toggled the option for billing being different from my move-in address, as I have not yet update the credit card to use it.

I then got to the last screen and accepted terms, and approved the payment. It then had me attempt to create an account, which I typed in my email address and phone number. It then said those were associated with another account, and "would I like to merge the accounts or start new?" and I chose to start a new account.

It then said I could not complete this action at this time. In spite of that, I received a notification to my email that said "thank you for choosing xfinity", and when I check my credit card account, it shows a pending charge of $50.

Yet when I log in with my same email address, it still shows that my service is to my old address, and doesn't make any mention of the new service I requested.