Community Forum

"Green Bar Rating" Mystery from Avatar System

Expert

"Green Bar Rating" Mystery from Avatar System

I know this is ancient history now, but as a regular forum member it is going to drive me nuts until I find the truth.

When I joined the forum the green bar was by out forum name (five white bars). Right before reaching "Problem Solver" I was up to two green bar rating. After reaching "Problem Solver" I was (demoted ???) to one green bar rating. I asked this question about a year ago and no one would say how it worked.

Now! Is there anyone left who has not retired (or still in hiding), or knows any of the culprets who came up with this idea, that can explain how it was supposed to work.

I don't want to go R.I.P., or retire from the forum without ever knowing. This must have been a serious new idea from someone on this forum first introduced.

Any One ???

Expert

Re: "Green Bar Rating" Mystery from Avatar System

@MNtundraRET wrote:

I know this is ancient history now, but as a regular forum member it is going to drive me nuts until I find the truth.

When I joined the forum the green bar was by out forum name (five white bars). Right before reaching "Problem Solver" I was up to two green bar rating. After reaching "Problem Solver" I was (demoted ???) to one green bar rating. I asked this question about a year ago and no one would say how it worked.

Now! Is there anyone left who has not retired (or still in hiding), or knows any of the culprets who came up with this idea, that can explain how it was supposed to work.

I don't want to go R.I.P., or retire from the forum without ever knowing. This must have been a serious new idea from someone on this forum first introduced.

Any One ???

All I know about that is that at some point the "problem solver" tiers were restructured, which is probably why you lost one of the bars.  And, as you've most likely noticed the forums are going through multiple changes and there are many more on the horizon.

FWIW, Comcast doesn't design the forums.  That's done by Lithium. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Expert

Thank you Again, but I already know about what to told me. The Million Dollar question is whate the bars were suppose to represent.

I quess you are saying the bars just showed up one day, and you never found out what they were supposed to mean. You never found an explanation in the Forum messages on what they ever meant.

Bronze Problem Solver

No one's ever told us what they mean, if anything. We asked a lot, way back when they first appeared. I finally concluded it's a Lithium thing that the Comcast folks never bothered to ask about or refused to tell us.

Administrator

All,

The green bars that no longer exist in the forum were "progress" bars. They allowed the community to know who were the active users in the forum. You would have noticed that the higher your "rank" the more your "progress bar" was filled. 

We recognized that for most users they provided more confusion than providing the gamification it was meant for, so they were removed. 

I hope this finally clears up your concerns.