Community Forum

"Communication Error" when I try to log into my account

Regular Visitor

"Communication Error" when I try to log into my account

I just created an Xfinity account yesterday and have been getting a "Communication Error" whenever I try to log into my account.

This happens on desktop and mobile.

I've cleared cookies and cache and this error keeps popping up.

New Poster

Re: "Communication Error" when I try to log into my account

Exactly same mistake, did you find any solution?
Regular Visitor

Not yet, sadly. 

Regular Visitor

Had this same problem and posted a few days ago. Still no responce as well.

Official Employee

Hello, all. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you all are having the same issue. This is normally something we need to look into on the backend to make sure you can get into the My Account app or website. Please send me a PM with your first/last name, user id you're logging in with, and the phone number associated with your account so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Still having this issue, even on mobile.
ID works just fine here on the forums, but I get the error when I try to look at my account.
New Poster

I'm having the same exact issue and I can't find the option to private message. 

Official Employee

Hello, JenaeP. Thanks for reaching out to us on forums. I apologize to hear you are having issues with this error message as well. I can certainly look into this. This is was the first post you should now be able to PM me. Remember you always want to make a public posting first to make sure someone is available to answer your question. Please send me a PM with your first/last name, phone number, and the user id you are trying to log into your account with so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Got into my account thanks to ComcastMichael. Turns out the ID wasn't synched with my account.
Official Employee

Thanks for posting an update publicly, that really helps out the community. You're exactly right, we just needed to manually sync your username on this end. This can be necessary if you switched usernames, are a returning customers using an old username, or if you're transferring service from one location to another. We're so glad that your full access is back and that your online account is working as expected. 

Official Employee

Hello, JenaeP. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.