Community Forum

new homepage email notification 6/1/2017

Regular Visitor

new homepage email notification 6/1/2017

Actually, this started yesterday, however I put 6/1 within the subject matter, because I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this. When I bring up the Xfinity Comcast homepage, I have the option to sign in, on the far right side, to be able to view email, from both personal and business email accounts. After signing in, I am brought back to the homepage, however, there is no clear indication which account I am on, NOR is there ANY indication of how many emails I have waiting for me to read, which there were both, previously. Now, I can understand, the pursuit of 'making things better', and always striving to improve on the user experience part, but why does it always seem like you are trying to reinvent the wheel, aka fixing things that aren't broken, especially when you obviously haven't tested it out to make darned sure it worked properly? Once again, Comcast has proven, at least to me, that they don't really care other than using their customers as guinea pigs for unannounced Beta versions of whatever happens to 'inspire' them to change at any given moment.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: new homepage email notification 6/1/2017

I do see a slight change to a thinner and smaller font. But mine still shows my name, with SIGN OUT below it.

Regular Visitor

Ok, but do you see any NUMBER of emails you have waiting to be read? I don't, forcing me to actually go to the email inbox to see if I have anything. THis is why I say fixing things that aren't broken in the first place is ridiculous. Comcast made it worse, not better!

Regular Visitor

I'm not seeing improvement with the new webmail layout.  I can no longer see how many new emails I have waiting on the tab of my Browser.  I could yesterday.  Now I actually have to go to the Inbox to see if there is any new mail.  Spellcheck has quit working in automatic too.