Community Forum

Xfinity Website Issues - Account access and Chat not working

New Poster

Xfinity Website Issues - Account access and Chat not working

I am trying to access my account online, and can log in without any issues. However, if I attempt to access any of my account information, I continuously get what I assume is the "loading" icon, which stays there indefinitely. I also try to access the Shop/Upgrade tab and receive this message:  "Customer associated with this billing account does not have permission to proceed".

I then tried to access Chat to speak with a customer service representative to try and fix these issues, but Chat is also not working - I attempt to start a chat and receive a message sayign that an account number must be entered before a chat can start....1. There is no where to enter an account number to start a chat and 2. I cannot gain access to my account number anyway, because whenever I attempt to pull up my account information it does not load.

I tried this all a few weeks ago and had the same errors - I figured I'd wait, maybe it woudl be fixed, but nothing has changed. I've also tried different web browsers and computers, but the same issues all continuously appear.....

Does anything on this website work? For a company that sells internet services, having a website that doesn't function properly is embarassing.... Anyone else have these same issues? 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Website Issues - Account access and Chat not working

I have been having the same problem and it has been going on for months now. I have also tried different devices and browsers still nothing. Oh also have cleaned up my cookies and cache. What the heck is going on is what id like to know. My services for wifi isnt as good as it use to be.
Official Employee

Hi all, the shop/upgrade portion of the website is down for maintenance. Apologies for the inconvenience you're seeing with the upgrade and the chat option. Lucklily, you have us here! If you use the My Account app, you can also reach out to support via social media or on the phone and even schedule a call back on your time!  I can assist with any of the questions you have about upgrading or downgrading your services. Just shoot me a private message with your full name for help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Mine hasn't worked in months

My Account nor the Chat to agent link

Still performing Maintenance

Official Employee

taang444, sorry to hear about your issues reaching out to the chat support team. I'm happy to help here! I got your private message so I'll follow up with you there. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I want to change my account and cancel payment but I can't change it, so I am unnecessarily charged

New Poster

I'm having this problem 8/9/19 for serval weeks now and there are inquiries going back for years about this. unethical to expect people to pay when they can't view their bill. app and website are not working and you call yourself an internet service provider?

Official Employee

Hi folks, 

If you're still having issues with accessing the website or need any other assistance, please let me know!

Ken

New Poster

A few days ago, the guide on my Roku TV xfinity streaming app Beta started missing channels.  I cannot find any of our local channels or local sports channels.  The guide now starts at  channel 21 and is missing (at least) 1-20 and 39.  My subscription for Xfinity is the highest tier with all channels. 

I have restarted TV and Roku numerous times.  I have removed and re-installed the Xfinity App numerous times.  

I understand that xfinity may not like Roku but why can't xfinity provide the most recent version of the app to Roku so that my subscription, which I am paying for, is available. 

Any help you can offer is much appreciated!

Judie Sadler

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having this same issue. I cannot access my account.