Community Forum

Xfinity Agent: "Click Here to Chat" NOT WORKING

New Poster

Xfinity Agent: "Click Here to Chat" NOT WORKING

Despite trying different browsers, devices, operating systems, account logins, WiFi & cell networks, and physical locations, and resetting/restarting all applicable items, I'm unable to connect to a live agent through Xfinity Assistant.

As always, typing "agent" prompts the drop down menu that asks you to select the service you need more help with. After selecting "internet", I get the usual automated response "you are [x] in line to chat with an agent" followed by "click here to chat"...which is where the problem lies.

Tapping the "click here to chat" link does NOTHING. Each time I tap, I can see the small progress wheel briefly appear in the upper right corner which indicates that tapping the message is creating some sort of data exchange, but nothing happens. I thought it may be a matter of waiting for an available agent but I've waited 30+ minutes on a few different attempts just to confirm that that isn't the issue.

I'm confident that this issue lies on Xfinity's end.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Agent: "Click Here to Chat" NOT WORKING

Hi @bluewaterpig

Thanks for using the Xfinity Forum to inform us of your experience when attempting to reach a chat agent. I am going to pass this information along so it can be investigated. In the meantime, I'd be more than happy to help address the concerns you have. Can you please provide more details of your reason for contacting us so I can assist you? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I also have this problem. Tried all browsers in Windows and all browers in Android. 'Click here to chat' does nothing.

Official Employee

Hello @user736258, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this chat connection issue as well. I currently am not seeing this reported as a known issue but we can definitely have this further looked into. Just to confirm, how long have you been experiencing this on your end? Also, I would be more than happy to address any concerns, questions, or issues you may have here as well. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I ran into the same problem as well however, it will work if you use Google Chrome.

New Poster

this does not work with safari. says 

and click to chat

but does not work.

big problem..

Official Employee

konfitz, sorry to hear about the issues you're seeing with the chat site. I'm here and happy to help! Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

New Poster

Typical for Xfinity, a month later after this was reported, still an issue as I am seeing it right now. Another xfinity fail.
New Poster

Same here. It's not working.

New Poster

I am also having the same issue. I've used Chrome, Mozilla, Internet explorer. This has been happening for the last month, every time. I've also used it at different locations to see if it might have been the computers I was on. this is a known issue if many people are reporting it.

New Poster

This system is horrible. I can’t get a chat going anymore or a decent call back. X finite customer service on line is really failing.
Official Employee

DebRo111, sorry to hear about your experience with the chat function! I'm happy to help! What service issues are you experiencing? 

New Poster

As of 7-31-2019, it is STILL..not working. Come on Comcast. Over 2 months and you can't get it working again????? What are WE, the customers, paying you all for???????

Expert

@blessed247 wrote:

As of 7-31-2019, it is STILL..not working. Come on Comcast. Over 2 months and you can't get it working again????? What are WE, the customers, paying you all for???????

Does this link work for you?

https://www.comcastsupport.com/ChatEntry/Protected.aspx

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

All it does is take us to a automated assistant that doesn't do squat.

Why did Xfinity get rid of the actual live chat?????

We call, we get told we are wrong. BUT, this site: https://t.co/0Q5M3SCKko shows us otherwise!!!!

Stop lying to us, treating us like dirt, making us pay for channels, et we don't want or need,...JUST STOP!!!!!!!

New Poster

No, it doesn't work. There are NO pages, links, urls, methods, browsers or any other way to "chat" with Xfinity/Comcast online, that actually work. This is by design. They want it to APPEAR as though they have an equivalent level of customer service as other major players, like Amazon, but they don't have an actual implementation of that service from what I can see after trying every known major browser and enabling a long laundry list of available plugins and browser extensions, as well as having no third party ad blockers enabled and disabling the built in pop up blocking in every browser.

Comcast's "online chat" is fake, for all intents and purposes.

I challenge them to show anything to the contrary, but they won't, so it's a moot challenge.

Silver Problem Solver

@darkbreeze wrote:

No, it doesn't work. There are NO pages, links, urls, methods, browsers or any other way to "chat" with Xfinity/Comcast online, that actually work. This is by design. They want it to APPEAR as though they have an equivalent level of customer service as other major players, like Amazon, but they don't have an actual implementation of that service from what I can see after trying every known major browser and enabling a long laundry list of available plugins and browser extensions, as well as having no third party ad blockers enabled and disabling the built in pop up blocking in every browser.

Comcast's "online chat" is fake, for all intents and purposes.

I challenge them to show anything to the contrary, but they won't, so it's a moot challenge.

Are you saying you can't chat with this?

https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?INTCMP=ILC:XA:GEN:GEN5bfebd84b5e3a

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

AUGUST 31, 2019 CHAT IS STILL NOT WORKING AND THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED COMPLAINTS THAT CHAT IS NOT WORKING

New Poster

It is working fine for me. was able to click on "Start Chat" and it took me to another page where i was able to connect to an actaul agent

Frequent Visitor

I was also able to get Live Chat working again. I'm glad it's resolved but upset that it took about three months to fix...

Regular Visitor

dont hold your breath if you think that they are going to get it fixed. I have been trying for 7 months to get my internet fixed along with my tv service. I have the 250Mbps package that cost me 205.00 a month. I am luckey if i get 40Mbps. the last tech that came to my house said it worked on his iphone and the problem is with my 2 brand new windows 10 laptops. are you kiddin me. at that point i told him that i have been MS certified for over 20 years and would he show me why he thinks thats so......NOT. he said he would pass it on to the IT dept and they will get back to me. and if you think they will i have a bridge in Brooklyn i would sell you. i will even add a pet rock with the bridge.