Community Forum

Why changed to requiring storing credit card for online payment?

Regular Visitor

Why changed to requiring storing credit card for online payment?

Since the latest change in website, it now requires to store credit card information whereas before was an option.  At this point, you cannot make an online payment unless you check the box to store your credit card information.   

Why has this changed to be a requirement? 

Paying online was a nice convenience, but will no longer if I can not control how my credit card information is handled.   

Official Employee

Re: Why changed to requiring storing credit card for online payment?

Hi online2,

There should be an option down at the bottom to skip this step. Were you able to locate it? 

Regular Visitor

What step can you skip?  I see no option.  In order to continue with payment, I had to check box to store account number.  I even called your support team (which is difficult to find the call number) & was told you have to store credit card number if want to pay online.  No mention or option to NOT store credit card number.

Comcast credit card payment.jpgcredit card payment

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Hi online2,

Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for providing a screenshot. I would like to look further into this to see why you are not receiving the option to skip this step. By chance, if you leave the boxes unchecked and press continue do you receive an error message? Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

New Poster

I have the same problem.  I enter my info, leave the boxes unchecked, click NEXT, and am told to "Please enter a valid card number".  This result is with the same card I've been using to pay my bill for some time now.

My bill will remain unpaid until this is resolved.

Official Employee

Hello @fuankn. This page should allow you to continue. Can you please confirm there are no spaces before or after you enter your credit card info? 

Regular Visitor

Mentioned there's an option to skip the process  -  "There should be an option down at the bottom to skip this step. Were you able to locate it?"

Please include a screenshot as to where this option exists since do not see as shown in the attached screenshot of what I have visibilty to.  To make payment, I only have checkbox to store credit card info and agree to T&C.  Since required to accept T&C, cannot make payment unless also store credit card.

Official Employee

Hi @online2. Since you are ultimately looking to make a payment and not store your card online on our website, can you please try to follow the following steps:

How to Pay Your Bill Without Signing In

You can pay your bill online without signing in to My Account by using Quick bill pay, which will require you to enter account-related information as a way of verifying your account.

1. Visit customer.xfinity.com/lite.
  2. Select an authentication method from the options listed and click Continue.
  3. On the next page, fill out the required fields to verify your account and click Continue.
  4. A message will appear that your account has been confirmed. Select whether you want to pay the total balance due or pay another amount.
  5. Select your payment method and fill out the form with your bank account or credit/debit card information. Click Continue.

Review your payment information on the next page. Click Submit Payment. You will receive a confirmation message that your payment has been submitted.

From: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/pay-comcast-bill-online