Community Forum

Unauthorized hard inquiry on Equifax

Regular Visitor

Unauthorized hard inquiry on Equifax

I recently took an Xfinity Mobile. At the time of purchase of the device, I specifically asked the chat representative if there would be any hard inquiry on my credit score for which the representative confirmed me that there WOULD NOT be any inquiry. However, now when I see, there is one hard inquiry on my Equifax. Could you  please help me to get rid of this inquiry as this is hurting my score?

Regular Visitor

Re: Unauthorized hard inquiry on Equifax

Hi Xfinity,

I don't see a reply. Is there something I am missing??

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Why is no one responding to my query? 

Official Employee

Hello mscsudheer1, Comcast can pull your credit w/o your permission as we have a legitimate business need in connection with a transaction that you initiated. We cannot remove the credit inquiry but we can request that it be "masked". If you would like for me to submit a request on your behalf please send me a private message by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and provide your full name, street address, and account number.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!