Community Forum

Unable to access account due to Xfinity error message

New Poster

Unable to access account due to Xfinity error message

Cannot access my account.  Cannot pay my bill.  Cannot access my account number.  Have been attempting to access since last night.  Please help. 

This is the error that comes up each time:

"A communication error has occured.  We are looking into the issue."

Official Employee

Re: Unable to access account due to Xfinity error message

Hello cariscierley, have you tried signing into your account from a different device other than the one you're currently using? Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? Can you access your account through your "My Account" app? 

New Poster

I tried accessing it via a laptop, a desktop computer, and a phone. It wouldn't let me start a chat or look up my account number.
I eventually had to look up the customer service phone number online and pay via phone. So there has to be another way to access my account online.
Official Employee

Did you recently move to a new service address? It sounds like your credentials are linked to another account, I can look into this for you on my end. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, username, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

New Poster

Thank you for resetting my account.  That worked!  However my username HERE is no longer working, so I had to create a new username for this help forum to reply to you...not a big deal now that I can access my account again!  Thanks again.

Official Employee

cariscierley1 wrote: Thank you for resetting my account.  That worked!  However my username HERE is no longer working, so I had to create a new username for this help forum to reply to you...not a big deal now that I can access my account again!  Thanks again.

You're welcome, have a good day.