Community Forum

Unable to access My Account "Sorry, A Communication error has occurred"

Regular Visitor

Unable to access My Account "Sorry, A Communication error has occurred"

Hello, new client here.

I haven't been able to access my account at all due to the error message below. I see it's a common issue for many users on this forum. I'm currently unable to private message any of the employees here (maybe because I just created this forum account?)

Help?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 8.05.43 PM.png

Official Employee

Re: Unable to access My Account "Sorry, A Communication error has occurred"

Welcome to our community, rafaelsepulveda1! Your PM feature is already enabled and I can definitely help you with the account access issue. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, your @comcast.net email/username. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks ComcastElla! I can now log in normally! Just wanted to write an update so others can see it. Definitely get in touch with ComcastElla to get this issue resolved. From my experience, you'll need to post twice on the forum before you're able to private message an employee. Hope that tip helps!

Official Employee

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, rafaelsepulveda! I greatly appreciate your patience and I'm happy I was able to help.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I'm getting the same issue as well! I try to go to my account and get the same "Sorry, A communication error has occurred" message pops up, making it so I can't progress into anything past that. 

New Poster

I'm having the same issue with the error message popping up when logging into my account.  I just created this account and I'm not seeing a way to private message on the forum here.  Could you please reach out to me.  Thanks!

New Poster

I am receiving the same error message when attempting to login into my account. I don't know how to send a private message.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

New Poster

I haven't received a reply yet from someone at Comcast.  I even private messaged ComcastElla and have not heard anything.  I would like to be able to get into my account, so I can setup auto pay and save the $5 off my bill.  Please advise. 

IAFleeman, you can private message someone after your first post, so you should be able to do that now.  You just click on the name of person and then it should show you a button to private message them on the next page.

Official Employee

Hello all,

@puntthis - I received your private message and will reply back asap. Please note, I'm off on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Thank you for posting. 

@IAFleeman - Got your message too Smiley Happy Welcome to our community!

Regular Visitor

I'm getting the same error too. I can't access anything.

Official Employee

Hi, crkakashi! I can check your account and see what caused an issue with My Account access, could you please send me a private message with your full name and Comcast email? Thank you in advance!

Regular Visitor

I just joined Comcast to get XFinity Wifi and my account was created (I think) but I haven't even been able to login to it for the first time to check on progress of sending me the Install kit. I get the same message as others above: 

Sorry

A communication error has occurred. We have been notified and are looking into the issue. Please try reloading the page or coming back later.

Please help!
Barry
New Poster

Hi ComcastElla, I'm having the same problem logging in and am getting the same error. Could you help me? Thanks!

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem after creating my account this week, getting the Unable to access My Account "Sorry, A Communication error has occurred" message. Please advise.

Official Employee

Hello all,

Thank you so much for posting in our forum. If you get an error message "Sorry, a communication error has occurred" and you have a WiFi On Demand pass - please reach out to WiFi On Demand Team by calling 1-866-489-0919. They will be able to assist you. If you have a home-based Internet/TV/Phone service - please feel free to send me a private message with your full name, account holder's name (if different) exactly as it's listed on the bill, Comcast username/email. It's not something that you can fix on your own, most of the times it's a backend error that I can easily fix. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. I'm usually in the office Sunday through Wednesday, 9 AM - 7:30 PM MT.

Regular Visitor

I am also having the problem with the communication error but I can't seem to figure out why I can't private message anyone.

Official Employee

Welcome to our community, GF1234! in order to activate the PM feature - you have to sign in and post publicly first. Your PM feature is enabled, please click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. I will be happy to check your account and see why you are getting a communication error. Don't forget to include your full name, thank you!

New Poster

Hi, I have the same issue for a while. Can you please help me check with it?

Official Employee

I'd be happy to assist you, Codoge12! Could you please send me a private message with your name? Just click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. Thank you!

Regular Visitor

Hello, I am having the same problem when I try to access my account online, can you please help me with that ? I need to retrieve my internet bill but cannot access it

Official Employee

Hi, anna2019! I would be happy to help with the account access issue. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full name and email address. I also need your address. Thank you!

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

New Poster

Hi Ella,

I am also experiencing the same issue. I've talked to a customer service agent and the representative said that they would forward it and fix it as soon as possible, however, it has been a 1-2 weeks and I still get the same message: "A communication error has occurred. We have been notified and are looking into the issue. Please try reloading the page or coming back later." Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Bryan

Official Employee

@bryandwu - My apologies for your experience I would be happy to assist you further. Could you please send me a private message with your full name, account holder's name, address? Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. Thank you in advance. 

New Poster

Hi, I just created an account on xfinity, and Im having the same error like others who requested their problems. It always gives me "Sorry a communication error has occured." Please help me and fix it. I appreciate it.
Regular Visitor

Having same issue. Replying so others can see.
Official Employee

Hi All, 

If you're having an issue with My Account access, please send me or Ella a private message by clicking our names and then selecting send me a private message. 

KenF

New Poster

I am also having this issue. Any help will be much appreciated.

Official Employee

@IceGray - I see that my colleague ComcastKenF is already assisting you in PM and he will definitely resolve your issue. Thank you for posting!

New Poster

I keep getting this message as well.

Sorry
A communication error has occurred. We have been notified and are looking into the issue. Please try reloading the page or coming back later.
Reload

Official Employee

Hello, Shango123. Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having the issue with trying to get into the My Account app. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employee

Hello, Shango123. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

New Poster

Goo morning. I am having the same problem as the others on this thread. I am not able to log in to my account because I keep getting an error message that says Sorry communication error.  Please advise.

thanks

Official Employee

Hello. amaxcy. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having issues getting into the My Account app or website. I would like to look into this for you. I see you have already sent me a PM and I will continue to work with you through there.

Regular Visitor

Joining this thread as I am having the same issue. 

Edit* I sent a PM to @ComcastMichael 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem as others, unable to reach my account page

New Poster

same issue, xfinity is a joke

New Poster

I'm having the same issue, from the archives section, this has been going on for years and online bill payment has never worked. Is there some cost optimization strategy to wasting our time, upsetting your customer base and making us tell a machine over the phone our credit card info everytime we need to pay the bill?

Official Employee

Hello VerizonlsBette1, cmart3, and username1235242. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums as well. I certainly apologize to hear you are running into the same issues for the My Account app. Please send me a PM with your first/last names and the user id you use to sign in so I may further assist you. tr3vdude, since you already sent a PM I will look for it and continue to work with you through there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

Hi, I'm having the same problem and I don't see "Send a Message", how do I contact you @ComcastMichael?

Official Employee

Hello, silvery5. Thanks for reaching out to us. I apologize you are having the same experience as well. In order to PM you must make a public post first. Going forward make sure to always post publicly first that way any available employee or expert can make sure you're getting taken care of. Please feel free to PM me so I may further assist you.

Official Employee

I'm glad I was able to assist you, amaxcy16. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Regular Visitor

Hi Comcast Ella, I’m also having trouble accessing my account. Could I have the PM feature enabled in order to follow up with this problem. Thank you.
Official Employee

Hello, jav1L. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

I can also help you with this issue so you can log into your account again.  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message". 

Official Employee

As there have been no replies on this thread in quite some time, I have closed it to further comments. If anyone here is still in need of assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.