Community Forum

Unable to Access Account

Regular Visitor

Unable to Access Account

In addition to pretty much every Comcast customer it seems by reading these forum posts, I cannot access my account through the website or the app. Not sure why a telecommunications company as large as Comcast can't fix this common issue once and for all (especially given it's pervasiveness and how long it has been going on), but hopefully someone here can.

Thanks,

Annalee

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Unable to Access Account

@bananalee wrote:

In addition to pretty much every Comcast customer it seems by reading these forum posts, I cannot access my account through the website or the app. Not sure why a telecommunications company as large as Comcast can't fix this common issue once and for all (especially given it's pervasiveness and how long it has been going on), but hopefully someone here can.

Thanks,

Annalee

I've never had an issue with connecting with my Win10 desktop unless my Internet connection was dpwm for some reason.

Are you able to connect to other websites with your computer?

(I use Chrome, but I also use Edge and IE11 sometimes)

How are you able to post to this forum?

What exactly happens when you can't get to https://my.xfinity.com/?cid=cust?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I can login but can't do anything within my account; I get an error message or a blank page. It's the same issue that everyone in the forum posting something to the effect of "communication error", "can't access account", "can't edit account", etc. is referring to. It's been going on for months and when a Comcast employee finally responds to one of these posts, its through private messages, so I have no idea what the fix is. Clearly, Comcast isn't too concerned about it but it is certainly poor customer service and beyond ridiculous that it's been going on for so long.

New Poster

This is exactly right. If they have 

@bananalee wrote:

I can login but can't do anything within my account; I get an error message or a blank page. It's the same issue that everyone in the forum posting something to the effect of "communication error", "can't access account", "can't edit account", etc. is referring to. It's been going on for months and when a Comcast employee finally responds to one of these posts, its through private messages, so I have no idea what the fix is. Clearly, Comcast isn't too concerned about it but it is certainly poor customer service and beyond ridiculous that it's been going on for so long.

You are 100% right. They just don't care and are content so solve problems for individuals one by one for the rare few who actually complaign while late bill payment fees mount for those who aren't able to login and pay.  If there is a fix it would be really easy for them to post in the threads after the issues are resolved explaining what the root of the problem was and how it was solved. 

Regular Visitor

Still Can't Access Account

This is my third time posting regarding this issue. I am having the same problem as many others with not being able to access my account information; I get an error message or the page won't load.

Can someone from Comcast please respond?

Thanks,

Annalee

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Still Can't Access Account

I am also unable to access My Account, including my billing information. The website says I am signed in, but when I click on something it just takes me to a loading page or I get an error message.

I would also appreciate it if a Comcast employee could get in touch with me, because in addition to my not being able to access my account, my bill just increased by $30/month. From reading other threads, it appears that this is because my contract ran out, and instead of contacting me directly about that Comcast just started charging me more money and possibly said something about it on my last bill. Which, of course, I can't see, because I can't access My Account. If this cannot be resolved I will be switching to another internet service provider as soon as possible.

Official Employee

Re: Still Can't Access Account

Hello, all, thank you for reaching out here. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're running into with the online accounts! We'd be more than happy to help. Please send us a PM with your first and last name so we can review this further together. 

To send a Private Message, please click our name “Comcast_Support” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!