Community Forum

SH400.70.3: This Mobile Phone Number already exists.

Regular Visitor

SH400.70.3: This Mobile Phone Number already exists.

This problem is already discussed in an older thread and is "answered" although no answer is listed. I had a cable account whch I closed, now I have an internet account for which I get this error message. I get persistent error messages on my cell phone "XFINITY WiFi Hotspots is unable to properly manage secure connections to XFINITY! Please add the necessary permissions to proceed!" I try to do so, then get the number already exists refusal. Phone support is no help.

Regular Visitor

Re: SH400.70.3: This Mobile Phone Number already exists.

Bump. Any of you "Official Comcast Employees" care to help out?

Official Employee

Re: SH400.70.3: This Mobile Phone Number already exists.

Hi, dfitzie! Apologies for the delayed reply. Please do not try to bump your post in the future. It is a direct violation of our forum guidelines. You get the "SH400.70.3" error message because your phone number is still linked to your old account. I can't unlink it. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!