Community Forum

SH400.70.3: This Mobile Phone Number already exists.

Frequent Visitor

Been getting this error since we moved from one State to another.  Chat and phone support says they can not fix the issue and specifically tell customers to "put up with it".  Truly unacceptable response being it's 2018 and it's a Comcast/Xfinity site/system issue.

This prevents long-term and loyal customers from enabling 2-step authentication via their mobile device.  Kind of ironic when you think how much Xfinity is trying to convince folks that they are Security 1st minded... and how much they are pushing Voice and/or Mobile lately.

I'd appreciate some assistance on this.

Official Employee

Re: SH400.70.3: This Mobile Phone Number already exists.

Hello, amatot. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear they were unable to assist you over the phone. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please PM me your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply Michael.  When I click on your name, I don't see a PM option to the right side.

Frequent Visitor

forum.jpg

Frequent Visitor

OK, I made the cut as a new poster.  PM sent !

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Bump

Official Employee

I'm glad I was able to assist you, amatot. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!