Community Forum

Re: SH400.70.3: This phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account

Frequent Visitor

You need to allow a mobile phone number to be associated to multiple accounts.    I have 3 accounts that I manage via Comcast/Xfinity (Corporate account, personal account and Mother's account).   My mobile phone is associated to one of these accounts, but you prevent me from using the single phone number to use across all of these accounts.    I am not going to buy a mobile phone for each account just to have password reset, or two-factor authentication, not unless you provide a bill back mechanism for this silly restriction, i.e. for cost recovery.

In short provide the ability to assign a mobile phone number to an account without restricting.

Frequent Visitor

Forgot to mention that I contacted support months ago around this issue and they said they would look into it.   The response I got was they could unassociate the phone number from the current account so I could assign it to the needed account.    Or I could get another mobile phone.

Neither seem to be resonable answers to me.  

Every couple of months I log into my account and I immediately get prompted - do I want to enter my mobile phone number (of which I do) and when I submit I get the same answer.

Official Employee

LongTimeUserToo, thank you for reaching out here. I understand where you're coming from, and I would be happy to submit this feedback to address the account concerns.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!